All About My Cats!

People seem to have to have missed the joke.

Look at the screenshot, and check out the last add for Dice.

There’s an assignment being done in the if statement!! It means that the salary will always suck! Hilarious! :slight_smile:

kitties!!! kawaii!!!

do cats cause malfunction in pc’s? 'cuz i heard their fur can damage some parts of the pc’s…

Was I the only one who saw the site hacked?
When I went to the /blog url I got a 404 - File Not Found. Going straight to the codinghorror url took me to what looked like a server setup website (all the links worked to setup screens) and in the middle of the screen was a login box that said something like:

Username: hacke*d
Server: Choose a better password :slight_smile:

I thought this was the april fool but there’s been no mention of it at all? I’m in the UK and it was around 10am - Midday (ish) that the site was like this.

Get a Roomba for the hair :slight_smile:

You know, I didn’t even care that it was April Fool’s Day until about ten o’clock at night, and then I realized that I’d completely forgotten about it. I had like ten opportunities to royally prank someone. Oh well.

I do have a USB CueCat as well… :slight_smile:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CueCat

Hey, great cats! But, where’s your CueCat?

Jeff,

Great April Fools. I will admit I was gulled for a bit by it [though without the advertising which would have set me right].

Your post is my cats to a “T”, btw. Cats are definitely A+ for coders, IMO.

… now back to software engineering, please. =)

I missed this on April Fool’s day, sadly, but I’m glad it’s stayed in the archive - the text was beautifully done in terms of the ‘oh no cat post’ style and more importantly your furry friends are damn cute - geeks and cats seem to be a common thing and given there’re four resident here I’m glad for a chance to see your pets.

Maybe we should start a ‘pictures only’ cat post meme or something :slight_smile:

Hey Jeff,

My wife and I rescued a kitty from Snowflake in Raleigh, too. She’s a 15-lb beast, though.

-N

Wow!! Your cats are really beautiful!!.. I remember when I had my first litter of four kittens [they were 4 days old, more or less] and the older kitty [Dora] had such a loud Prrr that she didn’t let my sister sleep until the little kitty did it first! The funniest is that she used to sleep in my face, next to my ear, but i got used to easily and generaly sleep before her [I’m talking about Dora, not of my sister! hahaha].

Now I have two little kitties and they have a “normal” Prrr… But you must see them!! They have to be stick together all the time! they can’t be separated!

By the way. Take care of them.

Nice story.

Have a Nice day!!! [Greetings from Mexico, huhuhu]

I don’t know where else to put this, so I’m putting it here, in the software we wrote, on a blog entry I wrote so many years ago.

Elsie, one of the cats pictured in this post, died ten hours ago. The grief is hard for me to handle, and I don’t know why, it’s just a god damn cat and how can I feel so awful, and when I feel like this I want to write it down to understand.

Elsie developed an aggressive cancer in her belly and by the time we noticed and I got her to the vet her belly was developing a open wound and the cancer had spread to her lungs and everywhere else. This was no more than a few months time in total. I still regret not noticing the mass on her belly sooner. But it was an aggressive cancer, so very very aggressive.

We had her boarded at the vet for a week while they treated the open wound and diagnosed her further. She was in good spirits but the prognosis was simple: death.

So we scheduled a time to come in and have her euthanized.

My wife and I held her for a bit, loved her, fed her some treats from home and generally visited with her. She wanted to explore the room, I don’t blame her, after being cooped up in boarding for a week with a cone on due to the belly wound.

Then we called for the vet, and while we petted her, as she purred, the vet injected the overdose of sedative.

You know, it’s just a cat. But watching the animating force fall away from her face as she died … Elsie was so alive, and then she just… wasn’t. She became a lifeless, inert body. She became nothing in front of me.

It was a terrible thing, but better to go surrounded by people you love, feeling loved, and in no pain. Or at least that’s what I tell myself.

Goodbye sweet, fluffy girl. I’ll always remember the way you’d sneak up on me ever so slowly, never looking me in the face, so you could curl up next to me without being “seen”. Your awkward loping sideways run, skittering around corners. That time you got into the leftover spaghetti and your crest was stained red for days. The way, when we first got you, you were so crazy we had to put child locks on the kitchen cabinets, and then you ate the bread that was on the counter still in the wrapper. Your giant bushy tail, that perpetual soft motion machine, always playfully swishing to and fro, always brushing against us to remind us you are there, is finally still. Our clever little girl that was discovered living under a pizza dumpster in Durham, NC is gone.

I played this song for you after you died. Please listen to it, and feel love, only the constant love we shared over our 13 years together. It was a good life.

I will always remember you, my sweet girl. I loved you.

1 Like