Choosing Your Own Adventure

As Bob Parsons often says, “Get and Stay out of your comfort zone”

Good Job Jeff…

This seems like the year of change for so many people I know, or feel I know! :wink:

Best of luck with your new adventures!

Jeff, you’ll do great. God Bless!

Congrats!

Or as we say here, “Awesome, bru”

Best of luck Jeff. I left the comfort and (relative) safety of being employed to try working for myself back in 2001, and although each and every day has brought some kind of challenge, it was definitely the right thing for me to do.

I think many people wander into this without really appreciating quite how much effort it can be (I was one of them) but for those who keep plugging away, it becomes very fulfilling.

I can look back on a day-by-day, week-by-week, year-by-year basis and see things I could have done better (or at least differently) and for me the ‘trick’ was to realise that it didn’t really matter as long as I could identify which moves were mistakes, and to learn to trust that my own judgement would never /seriously/ let me down.

And of course, life itself is a lot less stressful while you keep in mind that you’re never going to get out of it alive. :slight_smile:

All the best!

You must have had more well wishes in response to this post than you have had in a long time. Let me add mine. Good luck Jeff!

I’ve been a lurker here for some time, but thought I’d pipe in and wish you all the best.

The cool thing about these books, and life, is that if you don’t like the page you ended up on you can often go back and make another choice. All the best.

Congratulations good luck Jeff. I’m sure page 10 will be a first page in an excellent new chapter and maybe a beginning of a whole new book.

Good luck with your new project! (Surely it’s going to be a fully automatic repair robot for Rock Band guitars?)

Good Luck, hope you find your place under the sun!

Good luck!
Whatever happens you’ll learn something new and that is always a good thing, enjoy.

I could offer the customary “best of luck” wishes to you Jeff, but luck has had nothing to do with what you’ve done and where you’ve gone so far so you won’t need it.

It was a pleasure to work with you even for a short time (way back when, out in RTP), and I can tell you that you’ve had a positive influence on my career.

Whatever you do, it will be successful, I’m certain.

The best one is “Space And Beyond”!!! I love that one!!!

Good luck to Coding Horror and all who sail in her!

Good luck!

This is the second time in a week that you bring up a topic that relates directly to my current education. (Real-time raytracing was the first time; especially the Arauna raytracer since it’s done by one of the teachers, Jacco Bikker).The Choose Your Own Adventure series were brought up in a narratology course related to game design as the first example of interactive narratology.

‘break a leg’ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Break_a_leg)

good luck.

Wow, brave decission! Good luck and looking forward to hear from that project!

god speed!

I wonder what it’ll be you’ll be working on!..

Good luck to you Jeff! I hope there are more positive endings than the Caves of Time, but you won’t know until you go through the permutations!