Optimizing Your Wallet

use a business card holder as a wallet, front pocket.

My wallet would be a lot thinner if people would just start using dollar coins!

Iā€™m tired of having to keep so many near-worthless units of money in my wallet mixed in with my real money.

Any unit of currency that canā€™t buy me a bottle of Coke belongs in my pocket with my jingling money, not in my wallet with my folding money. Iā€™m sorry to say it, but the single dollar passed this threshold at least five years ago.

That wallet would suck for me, because I use only cash. Id have no where to store coins and bills. As for pens and stuff, I store those in my book bag. Credit cards are for fools. Too easy for companies and individuals to ripp you off.
Most I use those sorts of pockets is business cards I pick up, and then remove and stick in a shoe box somewhere, and then I end up throwing most of them away!

Talk to any healthcare professional who deals with posture issues and theyā€™ll tell you that sitting all day on hip pocket wallet is an unhealthy idea. Moving it to a different pocket is the best idea but if you have to put it in your hip pocket, thinner is better.

Why not optimise the contents of your wallet? I worked in the US a few years ago and was always amazed at the amount of crap my cow-orkers carried around with them, with wallets 3-4cm thick. My current wallet is maybe 5mm thick, and about half of that is the leather itā€™s made of.

I use a London Oyster card sleeve as a wallet :stuck_out_tongue:

Cards fit perfectly, and money goes in the other side of the sleeve. Canā€™t get any more thin.

Make a wallet out a wired magazine cover

The European in me wonders, though: Where does the change go? At least thatā€™s what causes most of my current walletā€™s bulge.

Seriously, when did you last use your Nissan-card?

Iā€™ve found that the perfect size is a card-sized wallet with enough room for a few notes, a debit card, a credit card and an id. I picked it up in Fredrikshamn in Denmark.

Henrik J

I have an huge billabong wallet, which isnā€™t a problem. I bought it because it has a pocket for change inside. It can look a little unmanly sometimes, but I donā€™t like jangly change in my pocket. I also used the coin compartment for keeping my work-related keys (locker key, kensington lock key, etc). I hardly ever have anything in my back pocket, so a bigger wallet isnā€™t usually an issue. Though I wouldnā€™t mind going thinner in the future.

If I want to carry a pen I usually grab one of my many Bic Cristals and stuff it in the pocket with my phone.

My keychain has 2 keys and a Homestarrunner star-shaped fob. Iā€™m thinking of adding my bike lock key, but I hardly ever lock my bike. I never need anything else to be with my keys.

I roll with a Bandit Wallet - http://www.amagpoc.com/

I actually invented this product for people who have the an enormous Constanza Wallet shown above! The bandit is a wallet band this is rubber on the inside and smooth on the outside. I went through 200+ prototypes before going live with sales in Feb 2010.

As a side now, I wonder if the wallet photo at the beginning of this post is the origin of this photo. In my research of ā€œfat walletsā€ this picture pops up all over the place. I wonder whose wallet that really isā€¦

For a wallet pen, I find the Ohto Petit-B is hard to beat.

https://www.amazon.com/Ohto-Petit-B-Needle-Point-Ballpoint-Pen/dp/B0052RGZXM

Itā€™s 3" long when closed (expanding to 5"), thin, and only costs about $7. I carry it everywhere in the crease of my wallet.

Regarding pens: for a few bucks you can make your own. The ink tube and tip from a Bic pen fits very nicely inside one of the standard sizes of metal tubing sold at hobby shops. A few minutes with a pipe cutter (or pocket knife if you use a soft metal) and a little glue and you can have a pen that fits in a business card case (and happens to be about as small as I can actually use).

1 Like

Hey! how about the Belroy wallets?? I jave one of those and Iā€™m quite happy with it.