Company of Heroes

Chris, I heard there were issues with the latest nVidia beta Vista drivers. Have you tried the “built-in” nVidia drivers included in Vista RC1?

I’ve tried it both ways. I installed the beta drivers, then rolled back, then installed again… no dice. I’m hoping nVidia releases updated drivers soon, or at least to coincide with the Vista RTM in November…

I received my DVD retail full version 3 days ago and haven’t been sleeping much this week since I’m up late working the single player campaign. This game simply is the best around, being like the best of Dawn of War, SOLDIER!, Sudden Strike and Battlfield 1942 all rolled into one. The troops chatter including all the foul obscenities you’d expect in war is priceless.

I’m running it flawlessly with default settings on:

Athlon 64x2 4000+
GeForce 6800GT 256mb DDR3
2 Gigs DDR2 400 RAM
Soundblaster Audigy 2Z
WinXP Pro

I have horrible flickering in Vista RC2 as well. Nvidia needs to release an update, Vista is so much nicer than XP that I just can’t go back. Nvidia is holding me back!

Just installed the nVidia RC2 drivers. It still has bad flickering in the menus, but in game is fairly playable. Some flickering, but not too bad.

I had the flickering problem on my NVida 7900GTO, Vista RC2. I just turn the antialiasing ON and the flickering is gone. It is running really smooth right now, I suggest you guys try that option, the beta drivers are fine.

The Best i say “BEST” game i have ever played …just finished only quibble i wish it had another 100 missions lol

i dont get it,no control of soldiers,enemy appears from no where, slow moving, obvious routs have to b taken!!! crap… i wasplayin command and conquer 10 years ago an that was better

I now completed company of heroes in all ways to complete it in any difficulty. and i must say, nothing beats this magnificent game. having completed multiple real-time strategy games in my life. This is the best i’ve tried so far! can’t put words on how much u can destroy and do in this game. its simply unbelieveble. GREAT GAME.

cant wait to get this game but, i have an old system.

d’you reckon it will run on this?

AMD 2600+
1024mb DDR ram
A7600 GS

I am planning to buy this game.

Will i get a decent performance on my riG?

P4 3.0GHz
1GB DDR RAM
XFX 7300GT

Or shud i wait for my BIG 7900GS 512 MB to arrive?

this game is awesome ive finished the game and got all the medals but one the one were u have 2 destroy the enemy base while defending a town. does any thing happen wen u get all medals?

this is the best rts i’ve ever played!

Has any on tried holding carentan the leval with bridges with only the men left from previous level which means no training no reinforcing i have it’s not easy?

does any one know the best patch to have?

has any one heard of ecoh? the creators make new campaigns, maps,units change the levels of units like attack, accuracy much more and they make lots of camo 4 units and put in more vehichles and a lot more.

eh… too much money.lol im only 12 though

Company of Heroes has to be one of the best games I’ve ever played. It makes all the other WW2 games look like friggin Spyro. The only other game that come anywhere near it, in my opinion, is Brothers in Arms. The first time I heard an arty strike, scared the living hell out of me. I give it 11 out of 10, it’s that awesome

If you want to make sure your setup (ie, cpu, memory, and gfx card) is all up to the min requirements or if you surpass the recommended requirements goto systemrequirementslab.com

There you can ck your cpu against Company of Heroes and many other games. The test takes anywhere from 2-3 minutes to pop up the results.

I just got this game for $29.99 what a bargain. I’m running:
Dual Athlon 64 2.2ghz
2 gigs of mem
nVida GeForce 7900 gs oc

I have just about all the setting on high and a resolution of 1024x768 i think, and get 75 frames per second (which is nice and smooth).

yes, this game is very unique as far as gameplay and graphics.

Another game to try is warcraft 1,2,3, WOW! they dont have as good graphics but they still OWN!

this games rocks

me poland ja polak