Extending Your Wireless Network With Better Antennas

I realize that your Gigabit router prevents you from running custom router firmware, but DD-WRT allowed me to jack my wireless signal strength way up without any additional hardware.

If you have a router that can handle DD-WRT or Tomato firmware, it’s well worth the upgrade. Not only do get to boost your signal strength without buying hardware, but you get additional features (like QOS) for free.

Also worth mentioning is that you can easily chain wireless routers. Before DD-WRT, I got coverage through the house by running a network cable between 2 wireless routers and disabling DHCP on the “slave” router.

Your so dumb. You could just run a sky bridge between the roofs of the buildings and run the internets through there. Also it could have a monorail on it and you could hang your laundry on it to dry it off.

I propose that you give a prize the the 100th comment to the effect of: “I didn’t bother to read any of the comments but just run some wiring duh.”

oh look! top link from google for “wireless network extender”:
http://compnetworking.about.com/od/wireless/ss/wirelessgear_7.htm

the gaming shed may be on a different power circuit from the rest of the house, so I don’t know if network over mains power would work.