Farewell Stack Exchange

Awesome post! I enjoyed it and like to share with my other friends.

Jeff,

First of all - you and Joel Spolsky have created something quite special, thank you! Given the time that’s passed by since you made this decision I’m curious as to what your opinion is on the decision that you took… Do you miss being part of the daily grind?

Thanks for everything and greetings to your family :smiley:

Best of luck Jeff.
Can’t thank you enough for your contribution.

Best of luck to you and your family.

Just want to say thanks for what you have created, but more for what you have shown can be done. I am a great believer that we can rule ourselves. And you let us.

thanks
de

Now employers need to start realizing people have lives and to quit slaving them to death. I truly resent employers who don’t care about their worker’s lives and don’t truly provide a work-life balance and run people into the ground with long hours. Sure we all have to make money, but you can’t just neglect people’s lives. Let people work from home, leave early, or give extra vacation. It’s only gonna revive your workforce and refresh them and benefit your business overall as well as benefit them and their families.

This blog post allows only flat discussions: Comments of Articles. And the way I see it Stack Exchange allows only flat discussions too. Comments of Questions and Comments of Answers. It just feels different because multiple commented entities are displayed on a single page.

I don’t think you are retired at Stack Exchange Inc. and that is because you still answer and edit questions, and however, you are now replaced by Jon Skeet, the first 1 millon reputation user in Stack Overflow and Stack Exchange Inc…

Goodbye, you will be missed…