I Just Logged In As You

Lemme guess…

He created a dummy stackoverflow site and phished you into entering your password into that.

I know Steve Gibson and you sir are no Steve Gibson :wink:

Don’t you just love SpaceBalls the movie? Only a geek could quote from that movie!!!

My first thought was the same as Malte’s - while orange is a good guess, that would fall under the dictionary category that Jeff is denying.

Wait a minute, I think it might be an exploit in the Create new User page.

Mainly because I went to register an account there and it gave me a 404 error when I clicked Create new User.

FYI the 1… 2… 3… 4… 5… by TG was from spaceballs.

the password was orange! Mainly because my captcha is orange!!! Its a sign you see.

My lucky guess would be Rockhardawesome.

Jeff! There is no end to adequate and convenient password management programs on every platform! You should use one (and use long random passwords), or use the technique that you once proffered on a Stack Overflow Podcast:

any_hash(url + your_easy_to_remember_password);

Of course in your case both the url and password are obvious (evidently), so you would have to add one more piece of information, or hash the hash, or do anything else that could be reproducible.

Jeesh, it’s like you’re a movie supervillain or something.

random guess: jeff@wood

I think it was thequickbrownfoxjumpsoverthelazydog as seen here: http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/000949.html

danimajo had my guess. J3ff@wood or variants thereof.

It must be orange or WOWrocks?

I guess horrorCoding

guiterhero

My guess is that the password was Wumpus related.

Practicality, are you sure it has a 6 on the end? I thought it was 12345.

No other Spaceballs references on Star Wars day? :frowning:

My guess - it was pass phrase about convenience of OpenID, used in one of the posts.

orange1!!!

lol

crosssitescripting,
you read a blog of him while beeing logged in using openid
is this technically possible? :slight_smile: