It's Better Than Nothing

“I think it applies; the choice isn’t really between Muzak™ or silence. It’s a choice between Muzak and original music by the original artists.” - Jeff Atwood

Jeff, Muzak only plays original music by original artists - they’ve been doing that for the past 25 years.

Hi Karen,

Prior to posting this, I went to the Musak site to check out music samples, but I couldn’t find any. Various Google searches also turned up nothing.

I assumed that Musak (admittedly, based on the little I’ve heard) was re-recordings of songs, eg, a cheesy pop synth instrumental version of the Beatles’ “Yesterday”.

"I also don’t understand the relation between Account and InsufficientFundsException in the model view while its clear in the code view."
It is possible to get more of an understanding by customising the diagram to show the relationship. But yes, the exact nature is hard to grasp.
The only real benifit I can see is as I outlined above, to aid in explaining in a non-language specific manner, or to provide a non-cluttered overview to review your code.

I am Blamzo Gorb, the Assistant Grand Vice Snarzle from the planet Muzak 11. These primitive discussions concerning “Muzak” are to little avail. Our subliminal project has been functional for many of your planetary cycles and your criticisms and attempts to analyze it are pointless. You see, part of the program embeds a switch that will soon trigger your mind’s memory center to wipe out any thoughts about “Muzak.” Then it is just a simple matter of relaying certain commands to clear away any posted evidence of your findings. Do not try to fight the mind wipe, Earth-Monkeys!! Resisting our program will only make you irritable and self-conscious! Now, just relax as the soothing sounds of yet another Phil Collins tune slowly, gently slip into your brain. Ahahahahahaha……

random trivia of the day:
I have a photo of Dana (featured in the Muzak article) on my cameraphone, taken during Sunday brunch a couple weeks ago.