Joining The Prestigious Three Monitor Club

wireless power you say?

We all know tesla was the man when it came to his but it seems there have been some recent findings allowing a little more freedom than the ergodex or splashpower products.

http://www.engadget.com/2006/11/15/mit-makes-case-for-wireless-power

http://www.splashpower.com/Products

…possibilities for safe, high power, wirless connections. Add packets to it and each power need could have its own ID?

happy new year!

Here’s the solution to the problem: ‘GridMove’. It lets you define your grid and you can ‘maximise’ to it easily.

http://www.donationcoders.com/jgpaiva/gridmove.html

fish,

One great tool to “replace” your KVM is RDP. If you run in a win32 enviroment you can use RDP (remote Desktop protocol) to ope nanother system. In a multi monoitor enviroment it allows you to have one system on one monitor and your main on another.

I run 4 monitors (three along the bottom and one above the center)
I often need use of another system so I just RDP into it. THe benefits are you have cut and past between all systems. You can share hard drives. It is a rock’n cool solution.

I hope this helps.

OK. I’m a web developer wanting to enhance my working environment to 3 monitors (1 screen for coding, 1 screen for monitoring ftp files and staging server, 1 screen for other apps incl email). I’m using a toshiba laptop as my desktop. Someone told me to use Ultramon to manage the 3 monitors. The laptop has Vista on it, but I don’t know if Ultramon is compatible? Can anyone tell me what other software / hardware I need to buy so that I can take advantage of all the benefits y’all have been singing about???
Thanks

Yes, Ultramon is Vista compatible… and it’s still necessary in Vista.

Thanks Jeff. Following on from my last posting and having read all the postings a second time(!) I have another question:
If I use a Toshiba laptop (with Vista) and a Vaio laptop (with XP), can I use the Triplehead2Go between the two laptops so that I can keep all my old stuff on the Vaio and all my new stuff on the Toshiba, whilst sharing 3 screens between the two systems? If so, do I need to get ultramon on both laptops and would I then need SplitView / Gridvista / Gridmove / Synergy (which, in your opinion?) to run the 3 screens as different entities. And do I need to shell out for anything else? Thanks

O.k. I am a newbie to the three display realm. I have two Ati X1950 cards running on one Gigabyte P965-Dq6 mobo. I have three 19" displays, I have the Main (middle) pluged into one video card. The other two are pluged into the other card. My problem is some games I wanted to play like MFSX and X3: Reunion do not see it as one big 3480?x1024 display. I can make the two cards on the one video card a single display but cannot add the main display. Is there some extra software I need?? Should I just get the Matrox triple head??

getting frustrated…

Chris

Ok. I’ve been a dual monitor user for 5 years but now you guys have me thinking seriously about moving to the triple! I’ll have to get a bigger desk. The computer cart barely holds two.

I center my keyboard and myself in front of my primary monitor so that i don’t have the visual bar right in my way. Then I use the second one for email and FTP and chat.

Bought 3 22" for $279 from compusa 3 weeks ago on a special. I can not tell a lie, AWESOME. I had been using 2 since 98se where it was painful. But this is outstanding.

Shame they dont make monitors with no side bezel for a seemless join.

Will the triplehead2go work as a 6 monitor setup using one for each slot on the NVIDIA G-Force 5500?

Thanks

Quick question concerning the triplehead2go hardware from matrox. Has anyone used it with Vista and if so does the aero view work well? I saw a couple posts involving vista, but couldnt really decipher a definitive answer to the above question. Thanks.

quoteO.k. I am a newbie to the three display realm. I have two Ati X1950 cards running on one Gigabyte P965-Dq6 mobo. I have three 19" displays, I have the Main (middle) pluged into one video card. The other two are pluged into the other card. My problem is some games I wanted to play like MFSX and X3: Reunion do not see it as one big 3480?x1024 display. I can make the two cards on the one video card a single display but cannot add the main display. Is there some extra software I need?? Should I just get the Matrox triple head??

getting frustrated…/quote

I have the same issue. I have 3 19" WS LCD and want to play games. I have a NV6600AGP w/2 and a NV5500PCI with 1 monitor.

Chris

Chris on February 10, 2007 08:48 PM

OMG… Ever since I moved over to the TH2G from matrox… I will NEVER go back to anything else…

I play Counter-Strike on three monitors at a resolution of 3840x1024 and it is UNREAL !!!

TH2G is worth every penny in the 300.00 cost !!!

My Rig:

Dell
e6700 Core2 DUO 2.66ghz
GeForce 7900 GTO 512mb PCIe
250gb SATA2 HDD
(3) Dell 1907fp monitors

Hi guys…
Was interesting reading and would offer this info to all dual monitor users …
I found a handy utility that lets you scroll open windows without having to click on them to make them become the focus or active window… just move your cursor over the window and you can scroll it without having to click it…

http://home.att.net/~kmichael/hotmouse.exe

Aswell… whats the best gaming graphic card that handles dual monitor … want to run games aswell… but can’t on my 32mb Matrox g450 card… any suggestions !!

Hi folks,

Just thought I’d chime in here as a member of the 3MC to give you all a heads up that Christian Studer released the first beta of UltraMon 3.0 on March 31. If you are running multiple monitors on Vista you’ll really want to go check it out.

http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/

I’m looking to buy a new gaming setup. I was looking to buy x3 22" widescreen LCDs, and two of the Nvidia 8800 GTXs SLI’ed to pump out the power.

Problem is I have no idea how to run high quality input through the three monitors. The Matrox Triple Head2Go isn’t an option since it only runs maximum of 3840x1024, and with widescreens, I’m at 5040x1024.
I’d appreciate any help, thanks.

Hi,

I’m actually a lawyer interested in getting a three monitor setup. I can envision the setup being so much more efficient. I was wondering if anyone could suggest a setup. I guess I would be purchasing a new desktop. I would appreciate suggestions as to which video cards would be the best and most economical. Thanks.

Vishal

This is great reading!!! Have been running 2 mammoth 20 inch CRTs for 3 years and can’t wait to dump those antiques!

I have been slavering for more than 3 years for TRIPLE MON’s!!!
Question: Do I need to order more chip speed and a better video card than what’s below in order for 3 new 19 inch LCDs to run OK for programs like IE, Word, and the occasional once a month DVD? we don’t use PC games here only because i have trouble with my hands and can’t master keyboards well enough to play Half Life 2 etc…

Dimension E521,Athlon 64 X2 3600+ (1.9GHz, 512Kx2) with 2 GB RAM and nVidia Ge Force 7300 LE video card.

Set to ship tomorrow from Dell and can get an RMA and return if you guys think i should…have waited YEARS for 3 mon’s…i’d rather send it back and wait another week for a stronger PC if that’s required for 3 mon’s to run well…TX!

The trick to running three monitors is to get a motherboard that properly supports two PCI express video cards. Make sure, ABSOLUTELY sure, your computer has two PCI Express x8 or x16 slots suitable for video cards.

I’m almost positive the E521 won’t have two video card slots. I would talk to a Dell rep and get a model which does. You may have to buy one of their higher end models to get the two x8/x16 PCI Express slots you’ll need for two video cards.

As for choice of video card, that’s less important. Any semi-modern PCI express video card will work (My picks: the GeForce 7600 GT, and the ATI X1950 Pro), but do get two of the exact same model video card to prevent problems.