My Love/Hate relationship with ClearType

Welcome dear users.
We are glad to present you an internet resource of earnings at the highest level. You will find here a great opportunities not used before by another similar sites. Besides our support service is always ready to listen to your ideas directed on optimization and addition of another opportunities for the most comfortable and interesting using of our site.

We propose for our users: First level referal bonus - $0.03

• Requiring payment deliveries by a cost from $0.002.
  • Requiring payment clicks by a cost from $0.0015.
  • 4 currencies is avaliable for payments: US dollars, EURO, UA Gryvna, RUR!
  • CASUAL PAYMENTS for all of users.
  • COMPETITIONS referals, advertisers, active users.
  • Surfing of sites.
  • Letters are paid similarly with the news of our site!
  • Exchange of referals.
  • Exchange of accounts.
  • Exchange of credits.
  • Games.
  • Minimum to payment $0.10.
  • Ref-system 3- level 15% - 10% - 5% - .
  • Referal level from advertising 3 - level 10% - 5% - 2% - .

For advertisers there are the most advantageous suggestions:

• You don#1108;t need to sign-up for make your advertising orders.
  • Most various types of advertising: deliveries, clicks, surfing, text links, banners, HTML advertising
  • All of letters are sent automatically.
  • Now there is not a necessity round the clocks to wait the booked advertising you. Your advertising takes a place automatically!
  • Complete checking of the booked advertising feature in real time.
  • Detailed tuning at forming of advertising.
  • It is not needed to pay anymore. The unutillized money return for advertising.
    a href="http://webbaks.com"Paid to reed/a

Jeff, in the study you cite, the authors claim a small increase in the average readability of text when Cleartype is used. No arguments there (although I do have methodological issues with the fonts they selected for comparison). A mean increase, though, is different than simply stating It works. The study also mentions that personal preference plays a much larger role in text readability than does the use of Cleartype (that is, those who don’t like Cleartype read much faster without it). In fact, there are significant usability issues for those who have difficulty with this type of text. So the real question is how beneficial this actually is - would you rather have 9 users reading at 100% or 10 users reading at 90%?

I didn’t read all comments for this post, but I had an idea: ClearType should accept different rules for different fonts, so we could make an exception for Consola to render darker than other fonts, for example.

This power tool is currently able to set cleartype configurations globally. Perhaps, having separated rules, we could achieve a better look for font rendering in the future, what do you think?

You clearly have too much time on your hands if you’re futzing with ClearType / font optimizations to make your ID3 tags look good in a hex editor.

Want to ghost write for me? I’ve got tons of notes for posts; I just need, you know, conjunctions and adjectives and screenshots and stuff.

It’s either that or join in with the Open Source fervor of late. I heard SubText needs a CAPTCHA system, and your system is lightyears ahead of anyone else…

The edge problem is cause by the bitwise invertion of the pixel colors. it would look good if winhex would repaint the text with other background/foreground colors as somebody said here in the comments.

I usually don’t like cleartype because it makes the text a little bit longer with little font sizes. And cleartype shouldn’t be used on CRT’s. Use normal aliasing on CRT’s.

Sometimes you see screenshots posted with cleartype enabled. That really is ugly as hell! Cleartype should be disabled when grabbing screens. In your post you explain your problem with cleartype so not a problem with this post :slight_smile:

Consolas is a nice font but I love Andale more. Just a personal preference I think.

What about the non reversed text?

The ‘4944 3303 0000’ on the first line looks WAY better in the third (high contrast) diagram than the first two.

The first and second diagrams its just way too thin and almost looks like it was sharpened in photoshop.