My Mouse Fetish

does the mx510 weight 120g with the weight, or with the weight removed?

Personally for me, if a mouse has more than a left and right button along with a scroll wheel, it’s too fancy for me. This comes from playing too many games, not really from a development standpoint. When I’ve got the twitch going on in any game, I will have a tendency to hit these other mouse buttons, especially the ones along the thumbs, so I prefer to have a fairly basic mouse.

Wireless mice are evil too. I have yet to see one that performs well after very long.

Hi.

I think I also have this mouse fetish. I am a programmer also and I like to use sidebuttons and other trick on mouse for speed up some tasks.
I hate heavy mouses. Maybe it is because I use fingertips to move mouse.
Now I use A4tech X710F at work, but i have to change because it is too heavy and I have pain in my smallest finger.
At home I use Icon7 Z300:
http://www.icon7.com/proinfo_01.aspx?pid=P_00000039&cid=C_00000010&cname=Gaming&pname=Z300&ccid=C_00000001

This is very lightweight, and it has programmable side buttons.
The only thing what missing is double click button.
I think I will try A4-Tech K5-52D at work. It looks good for fingertip usage, it has enough buttons (+programmable mouse gestures).
I hope it is not too heavy. (I didn’t found the weight of it on net)

For me no mouse at all. I’ve grown used to the touchpad of my macbook. It is much more useful with all the gestures (once your fingertips are hard enough). For a normal desktop I would go for one of those touchpad tablets from Wacom. They are even larger