On Software "Engineering"

An oldie but a goodie, courtesy of Jeroen van den Bos:

This is a companion discussion topic for the original blog entry at: http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2005/03/on-software-engineering.html

Fantastic cartoon! Still trying unsuccessfully to sit upright again :slight_smile:

Too funny to be true!

Too true to be funny :frowning:

Kick butt!! So vewy, vewy twue…

I buy the argument that too much planning kills Projects. But most of the time, the projects die as there are no planning or not enough time spent on planning rather than spening more time on coding. Dont you agree?

I am so ancient, I remember when I coded patterns on cave walls, for the knitting ladies, before the Great Flood came!

That cartoon was there, in our college classrooms, having been left by some guys who invented the wheel.

But, yes, it is wryly funny!

Actually, saw it again, years later, in Air Force Engineering circles, in the late 1960’s!

1 Like

Hah! Very good, very apt! I like it. Now if I could only get my customers to pay the way yours do…

ouch! someone just got owned! is it you?

has anyone seen the cartoon showing a developer misunderstanding a customers requirement for a vehicle and produces a bicycle?

Nice post Ray! I visited the Terraframe site and I really does marvelous things for companies. Since I work for a small accounting firm here in Washington, we cater to less than a hundred clients but I hate to admit that some of them get disappointed because of wrong inputs. I believe that Terraframe will do wonders for us. Thanks for the tip!