Our Hacker Odyssey

I hacked into a few computers with my 300 baud acoustic coupler modem. I think I changed the price on top sirloin at some grocery store.

Woo me.

I’m glad I grew up a long time ago.

where the author leads the reader on an unbelievable fantasy before admitting the whole story was fake.
+1

I tried to read 2600 several times and was always put off by the general attitude of It is our god-given right to screw with whoever’s computer we want to, and anyone who suggests otherwise is a jackbooted NAZI thug. Didn’t anybody else find this irritating?

Really? I thought that was THE LAW ™ or for the religious types, The Word ™
Problem with THE LAW/The Word is that if applied really well, like it always is, you know, the precision and the quality of organization, you know, everything just stops working, preventing THE LAW™/The Word™ itself from being applied.

I’m just trying to sound friendly like y00 guyz, ya know. :wink:
That’s tr00 friendshipzzzz lolzzz for ya :stuck_out_tongue:

Prepare for the Revenge! Yeah! This LOLZZZ d00d has gone t00000 farr!
/me gives an Evil Grin ™

TM sucks.

Odyssey?

What is the difference between magic and programming?
-The same as between sorcerers and sourcerers.

I’ve learned more from 2600 over the years than anyplace else and i still look forward to each issue!

For some of us, 300 baud was a luxury. We got useful things done at 110 baud, with paper tape for long term storage.

www.textfiles.com have a good 10th anniversary reader up, and their BBS documentary looks good too.

Dude I am so excited for this book, getting my sister to buy it for me for Christmas.

i want this book)

Maybe it is a big book, but if you really dig the content do you really care how big it is?

Shoot, I carry around 1 or 2 giant books in my bag with me to work and back depending on what I am working on. I bring the books with me, because I like what I am working on and like learning more about the technologies. Sometimes it is just as interesting to learn what someone else thinks about the technologies you are working with too.

I started out on TRS-80s as well, so there is some nostalgia. They were rotten machines though, and I had a tape drive. I don’t think small hard-drives were available for home computers yet in that time, only the giant gold colored platter drives the size of dinner plates.