Overnight Success: It Takes Years

I tried doing 2 startups at once. One had already been started 3 or 4 years ago but wasn’t stable yet. I was so addicted to the initial stages of the startup process I forgot that the first startup I did which was successful still needed my undivided attention. I almost lost what I had spent so much time building for the glimmer and hopes of yet another startup. So I killed startup #2 in favor of keeping startup #1 alive.

So now I have 2 rules for doing startups:

1. Get a partner. Too hard to do alone.
  2. One startup at a time…!!

that’s my 2 cents…

Jeff ~~

I’m not in computers at all, I’m actually a musician/singer… and this was a very inspirational blog… Thanks for taking the time to post it, I appreciate it. Part of it is my new motto for my career!

Stunning article!
Very nice and detailed stories.
I never knew the information on GMail. I disliked it at the beginning with the annoying messaging like style that was grouping my mails in a way that you can not understand which one comes first and which one comes next. :slight_smile:
Thank you a lot for sharing this valuable informations!

Hi Jeff,
I started reading your blog recently.
Thanks for the inspiration.
James

Great Article !

pigs pork american’s tend to call sausage links… mmm, sausages.

Can anybody refresh my memory and illustrate some examples of low-effort, literal-instant successes? No lotteries, though.

Jeff, I really appreciate your blog. You post some really good and insightful content. I’ve heard about your blog from a friend a few years back, but never came and read until now. Just keep it up. Good stuff for sure.

@Steve

Interesting. but i read it lasted only 6 mths? I was kinda eyeing a model that was sustainable and grew.

Even the milliondollar homepage has hit its limit.

As we become permanent drunkards by so many separate drinks, so we become saints in the moral, and authorities and experts in the practical and scientific spheres, by so many separate acts and hours of work. Let no youth have any anxiety about the upshot of his education, whatever the line of it may be. If he keep faithfully busy each hour of the working-day, he may safely leave the final result to itself. He can with perfect certainty count on waking up some fine morning, to find himself one of the competent ones of his generation, in whatever pursuit he may have singled out.

• William James, The Principles of Psychology