Physics Based Games

First time i see this physics based games,expeted as a normal procedure when developing this scientific models.590kl(hfg.568),building bridges is a kind of imagination.Gxl is a prove about this panel codes, well doesnt get well with hpo562.

Since I have read this I have learned that I suck at bridge building and I have wasted hours of my life with Trials 2. Trails 2 works quite well with Xbox 360 controller. It looks great and who would have thought that a motorcycle game would keep saying “Fatality”.

I love this stuff. Thanks.

iTunes’ encoder isn’t properly threaded, so I don’t see how that makes for a good comparison. Handbrake on the other hand will use at least four cores, and on a Q6600 overclocked to 3 GHz it’s averaging about 90 fps transcoding the Transformers DVD to H.264 at 640x(whatever). Adjusting to expected results at normal clock speed gives ~72 fps.

The Q6600 is going for about half what the 260 GTX cards are expected to come out for and the Penryns should do H.264 quite a bit faster when the encoders add proper support for the new instructions. This isn’t to say I don’t want my GPU getting involved, but I think the true difference in performance per $ isn’t as much as claimed.

I think GPUs are the wrong way to go. Don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing wrong with the GPUs themselves, the problem is that they are chips of their own. I think there should be one chip in a system performing all the calculations the programmer wants and the other chips should either be passive or statically programmed and do whatever their job is.

That said, I have no problem to move the GPU into the CPU. Just like there are SSE units on modern CPUs with several times the performance, you could also add GPU-like FPU units (and just like on a GPU you could add 128 and more of these) to the CPU. Whether these units sit in an own chip or are part of the CPU, where’s the difference? Okay, it could be an issue with power (the power consumption of the CPU will drastically increase) and cooling - but these are two other problems we need to solve someday anyway. Maybe computers operating with light instead of electric current will solve the whole power/cooling problem in the future.

Oh my god…
What was that…???

My new on steam feed included Crazy Machines 2 (from Steam) – I’ve gotta have it… and thought you might be interested

http://www.fun-motion.com/list-of-physics-games/
that site have many physic games xD, im like more the powder game

I love the funmotion blog! check mine out :slight_smile:

Not sure if you’ll ever read this comment, but you should try World of Goo. Its independently developed and packed with physics-based puzzle goodness.

Thirding Boom Blox. Not only is it an amazing game, but the interface using the wiimote is just as good. I’d say it’s the first game to truly take advantage of the wiimote’s capabilities.

My favorite Physics-based series before I quit gaming was Papyrus’s NASCAR. I owned almost every version until NASCAR 4, where they finally (and quite successfully) rendered the physics required to make the stock cars fly through the air realistically (unlike previous versions where the cars are stuck on the road). The physics engine was quite impressive, but sadly I have lost track of my copy.