Revisiting Solid State Hard Drives

What kind of pre- and post- SSD install boot times have you achieved? VS startup time?

Has TRIM been fully standardized?

Also how did OtherWorldComputing achieve their performance (who wasn’t mentioned here at all) without TRIM? And they claim to not have the degradation issue.

TRIM also means you can never do data recovery, which is of course a weak argument since, especially anyone using OS X, should have a backup routine in place and thus never have to worry about recovery from the main drive itself.

So after a couple of months of use, what’s the verdict on the Momentus XT Hybrid Technology?

Interested in picking a 500gb model up to replace the 250gb OEM drive on my Unibody MacBook, otherwise I may go the route of swapping my optical drive with a true SSD drive.

aye, an update on how the momentus is performing over time would be great as the reviews on newegg were all talking about big performance drops within a couple of months of use.

I’ve read a lot about this SSD and I’d really want to try one on my pc, hope this year i can save enough money to gift me one.

With the Seagate Momentus XT, what do you think is its compatibility with ReadyBoost? (on my Windows 7 laptop)