See You at MIX08!

Mark, I can only assume you didn’t actually read my comment since I mentioned ‘browse all posts’. The problem is it’s only a list of the articles and still doesn’t present an easy way to actually read more than one article per click (and a wack of scrolling).

IE8 Breaks your site layout big time!

Imagine ,Excel as a 3D gaming engine,with massive numbers masochistic developers coding at once.May be we can port World of Warcraft to Excel !.

We know the technology is there. http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3563/microsoft_excel_revolutionary_3d_.php

I think you need vista to get silverlight working proberly. Just buy all the latest micorsoft stuff and you should be able to run it. Hey that is why they made silverlight afterall. :slight_smile:

I can get it to work with IE7 on Windows XP. Silverworks works sometimes with Firefox2.

I might need to uninstall the old silverlight versions? Where does it say that? Because it is beta you automatically know that it needs to be un-installed? A lot of people dont do that. Seems like it does something in firefox, the browser is working but the silverlight part is failing somewhere?

I still cant get the WPF development stuff to work with Windows XP, but I am happy we have a machine with Vista so I can do it on that box. But sadly the IIS is not working on the Vista, so … well nevermind. Sorry for spamming this blog, I just regret that I wasted my 6 years with being a .net developer.

I Osis, do you have any previous betas of Silverlight installed? The only time I’ve seen this behavior is on developer machines where some previous alphas or betas of Silverlight interfere with installing the current version.

Osis,

It’s a beta … which means if you have any of the previous betas, uninstall and install the newest via the browser. Take a chill with the “Epic Fail” crap.

=(
I wish I didn’t live so far away… would love to attend one of this things…

So I enjoyed your WoW twitter (never wanted to pay for the crack myself).

Then I got to thinking:

Imagine an Excel spreadsheet, but in 3D, and with massive numbers of people editing it at once. That’s our world!

It all depends on your frame of reference :). The world’s excel spreadsheet can’t be directly edited by humans (yet?). In that respect maybe playing WoW doesn’t sound a lot different from living life, some people just choose to live theirs in a world where they can always be heroes… I can see the draw, in this world heroes are few and far between.

Come and see how Vertigo was used to turn the world’s best internet browser into a unique web experience. This session will cover how this new silverlight 2 feature makes it possible to actually use silverlight in Opera and much much more.

^ I Think i won. I wish they would hurry the fuck up and support Opera, its pissing me off.