Spam via SMTP Non-Delivery Reports

I think a good firewall can stop this attack

I would like to second the motion for Argosoft’s mail server. Not the prettiest in the world, but so far I’ve not been disappointed.

Yeah, it’s $80 or so, but we can’t all survive if we give our software out for free all the time :wink:

Better late than never - spotted this:
http://www.lundin.info/filterrecipients.aspx

Haven’t tried it, so no warranty, expressed or implied is conferred by my words, actions or deeds in sickness or in health blah blah blah.

Gammadyne just released a solution to this problem. It’s called Toriss and it is a plugin for IIS. I bought it and it works great!

simple: just enable “Recipient Filtering” :slight_smile:

Exchange Manager - Global Settings - Message Delivery Properties - Message Delivery Properties - Recipient Filtering - Filter recipients who are not in the Directory

greetings
Martin Meixger

Just to let you know I’ve been suffering the same problem, just installed http://www.lundin.info/filterrecipients.aspx as noted above and has fixed the problem 100%. The program is amazing!

This is a thing of beauty. Many thanks to Patrik Lundin! Finally this horrible problem is solved. Please spread the word that the SMTP non-existent recipient problem has been fixed.

P.S. Way to read the thread Martin Meixger, he wasn’t talking about Exchange Server. DUH.

Seems like the
"Recipient Filtering"
Is the thing!

Do anyone have it to veryfi a SQL or another form of database?

Lundin’s page is offline. anyone that can send me the script? thanks

I had a problem with spammers a while back. You can either buy software to prevent it like several posters have already suggested, or go after the spammers and shut down the account they are using. I used www.arin.net to help track down a few guys from China about 6 months back. Depending on where they are coming from, you might have to use a different whois service to find out where the email is originating from. They were sending 1000s of emails a day to my website using real but fake names. Once I figured out who they were, I sent the sysadmin of the network they were using a nastagram and the emails stopped within a few days. It took a while and a few pesky email followups, but eventually, no more spam.

Software prevents the problem, but doesn’t stop the spammers. I prefer trying to end the mails from the source, which is usually more difficult to do.

Good luck.

Jon Raynor