The "Just In Time" Theory of User Behavior

<3 xkcd :slight_smile:

No, you’re not. Most people never had the intent to pay for it. There was never an income there to be “stolen”.

For instance, take the dominant freemium model that exists today on smartphones. I’ve heard from multiple sources that only 5% of people who download the game will voluntarily pay for it. On top of that, most of those probably only do it to get some gaming goods, rather than pay for the game developers. And the ones who pay U$1 in average are only 10% of those, or 0.5% of the total. This means people who do pay for games are the ones who have the money to spend. Period. It’s a vast minority of the world.

You are mistaking downloads for purchases. Completely different stuff.

Here I should note about the Missionary Church of Kopimism, one of the religions I enjoy. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I don’t really know if copying pure data should be illegal, but I do know if it should, it needs better reasoning.

A large reason I use Stackoverflow is to find an answer to something I don’t understand that well. A down vote without comment most often doesn’t help me understand what is wrong with the answer being down voted.

I agree with the other replies that down vote comments might start flame wars of sorts, and perhaps a better solution would be multiple types of down votes.

1 Like