The Rise of the PokerBots

IMO… Poker bots are here and they will become more and more popular. They do play by the rules, and they play according to the style of play that the user set up. With this in mind they play like the user who set them up, except for a few obvious differences. 1. They don’t get tired. 2. The only mistakes they make are the ones the user sets them up to make. This can be deliberate or a mistake. Garbage in = Garbage out. Set the bot up badly and it will play badly.
Some cheat in that they collude with others, but I think that these are not what programmers are really after. Most just want to prove that they can creat a great bot. I only wish I had the skill to write a killer bot, but I don’t, so I wish those of you out there who can do it, the best of luck. Just don’t get caught!

Do any poker sites require users to play with a webcam. I think it would be very difficult to create a bot that had to act and look like a person. And it would ease the mind of other players if they could see a live image of the other players.

You have any idea how much internet trafic those webcam poker rooms would cost? :smiley: Think about download but especially upload => HORROR

guys guys, think bot-net