Bias Lighting

It is like someone saying “You’re now that you are blinking”. Now that I’ve had the Dioder lights in I’ve noticed the difference. Of course they also make good mood lighting for playing BF3.

I’m using http://stereopsis.com/flux/ right now as well as a lamp behind my monitor and I still think it’s too bright. I think the problem is most websites. Everyone has different preferences so I’m not saying it should be one way or the other, but we should have the option to select a dark theme on a web site and vice versa. I wish Google+ had this feature, because it’s way too flippin’ bright for me.

1. deeply unhappy about being obliged to provide credentials for another application in order to be able to comment here.
  2. bought the Antec lighting kit for its usb connectivity and wish I hadn’t. it’s not bright enough for anything and it doesn’t switch off when the machine switches off == much fumbling around in the dark to dis/connect. as others have said f.lux is a much better solution.

TVs and monitors with USB ports make this much easier than it used to be:

Simply buy a cheap LED light strip with adhesive, plug it in your TV / monitor’s USB port and… well, you’re done!

Or maybe you’re not into the whole “simple” thing? :wink:

Just an FYI: AFAICT, all fluorescent lights strobe at 100/120Hz. The USA’s 60 Hz alternating current is 60 positive pulses and 60 negatives per second; the lamp glows in response to both.

The strobe effect is a safety risk that it can strobe so that moving machinery looks as if it’s barely, or even not moving. But I don’t know of anybody’s eyes that respond quickly enough to cause headaches. It usually takes some fast movement for your vision to be able to notice it.

1 Like