Comic Sans, the Font Of The Gods

Did SIL International give wrong PS Names?

Some characters were accidentally added to the fonts. Unfortunately they have the wrong postscript name and so if you choose to use them, there will be problems if you create a pdf. We anticipate removing these characters from future font builds. These are:
U+03A0 GREEK CAPITAL LETTER PI: GrCapPi is generated as Pi
U+03A8 GREEK CAPITAL LETTER PSI: GrCapPsi is generated as Psi
U+03C1 GREEK SMALL LETTER RHO: GrSmRho is generated as rho
U+1D29 GREEK LETTER SMALL CAPITAL RHO: unmapped glyph.
U+2225 PARALLEL TO: ParallelTo is generated as ParallelTo. If you blanked the ParallelTo ps name, it generated as u2225.

Comic Sans ROCKS, and i hope no one is buying anything from the “bancomicsan” website, cuz thats all wat this is all about, find a cause, try to get money from it eh so typical.

they r just mad they didnt come with this awesome font first lol

Thank god for Comic Sans. Because of the overuse of this blaringly obnoxious font, many more people are aware of font usage than would otherwise be. There wouldn’t be a standing edict among comic artists to never use it - making them in turn consider typeface in general - there wouldn’t be ban “this font” sites creating communities of individuals actively thinking about how words look, hell, the movie “Helvetica” would’ve probably never been made!

So thank you Comic Sans. You’ve reminded us how important font is.

I don’t know… I think “bancomicsans” and all its Comic Sans bashing is just a lack of sense of irony. I mean, if they be-fight a funny font and want to ban it from everywhere, it can be nothing but pathetic fail. (Actually, it’s another subtile Microsoft-bashing, but doing it so implicit is nothing but lame).

I personally would write “Do Not Enter” sign with Comic Sans. I ever would post a little smily after it, like: “Do Not Enter ;-)”. Because Arial and Times New Roman are pretty totalitarian nowadays.

Using only the traditional, serious and prominent (dictatorial) fonts is imho lack of imagination.

And after all, isn’t it a small hidden arrogance of designers, who obeserve the public use of this font (and actually blame all the philistines using this gruel font, they should stay away from design and better pay to these designers instead of making all these Comic Sans fonted printouts).

Legend has it, that the Font of the Gods could be used for coding, but so far no one has been able to wield its power due to the wildness of its letter spacing.

However, one brave hero took it upon him to carry it to the Forge of Fonts and apply the magic formula, so he could tame its wildness and use it as a weapon to inflict horror on his enemies…

1 Like