DVD Ripping and Nero Recode

Recode works for me,but one question left. Is is possible to decode de MP4 file back to DVD in a way that the info contained in de MP4 file (like chaptertimes and/or subs) is also used in de decoded DVD ??? Nero Vision Express doesn’t do the job.

Try using VLC media player to play Nero MP4’s. Other than using the K-Lite codec pack and using Media Player, VLC is the only thing I’ve seen that’s worked. I haven’t tried it with the AVC options though.

Is there any way to use all the home movies i encoded in nero digital in another program with more features? I would like to use Adobe or something with more authoring capabilities, but nothing reads the damn nero mp4’s:{

ive used the standard nero AVC and normal ones n AVC is 10times better im telling you, i used to make 2.2gig movies (2 fit to per single layer dvd) n i decided to make a 700meg to see the difference n the 700meg is just as good, i couldnt beleave it , its just that good

Just so every one knows, my RJTECH 1500 Plays Nero Files. Theres a firmware upgrade on the web site. I first bought it for DivX. But soon started to play around with Nero. Now I’m using a linkstation from Buffalo Tech. and it too plays Nero.

I play Nero Digital MP4 files with Media Player Classic just fine. I don’t need Nero ShowTime.

You just need the ffdshow decoder to watch mp4 in windows.

First, to answe the jerky 2GB file playback over LAN question asked by Steve - you answered your own question! OF COURSE a 2 GB file will be jerky - the data rate is EXTREMELY high, and much higher than the (actual) throughput of most 100 Mbit LANs, espcially considering the buffering WMP expects. I presume your 700 MB file plays at about 816 Kbps - or about the actual throughput of a 2 Mbps LAN. The 2GB file has an average data rate of about 2.5 Mbps - which presumably would play over a 100 Mbps LAN, but try playing a DVD which has data rates up to 7-8 Mbps and you’ll see it has issues in WMP. It can’t pull the data quickly enough to buffer and decode as it wants.

To answer Chuck Beatty’s post - Won’t Happen. The video created by Nero’s Recode technically could be decoded by the Phillips (or any other MPEG4 standalone) but the audio definitly could not, as it decodes only MP3, and sometimes AC3 when used with an MPEG4 derivitive video. The AAC audio can not be decoded by the Philips player. I haven’t yet treid on mine, but reencoding the audio into MP3 and muxing with the Nero Recode-d video might just work - although my understanding is definitely only if the simple encoding is used in Recode, and even then it isn’t touted as MPEG4 compliant - it is just MPEG4 derived. Big difference.

A few question regarding Nero Digital and MCE

1. I did notice FDDShow supporting various mp4-formats. Which ones should I use, and how do I enable them (would this require adding to the registry)

2. I did manage to get MCE playing mp4’s using the K-Lite pack. But how do I enable surroundsound, subtitles and languages in MCE. I noticed I’m not getting surround sound using WMP Basic either - any idea how to adjust that.

Tx a million :slight_smile:

Sirb –

FFDShow supports many different video and audio streams, including h264 (AVC MPEG-4) and AAC (audio that Nero encodes). FFDShow has nothing to do with the container format itself (mp4). By default, FFDShow will take care of the audio and video, but you need a player (ZoomPlayer, Media Player Classic) that can handle newer container formats (mp4, mkv, ogm).

In short, ditch K-Lite, uninstall everything media-related that you’ve got, and then run CCCP’s Insurgent. Once you’re good to go, install the latest CCCP, and you’re set. It’ll decode and play everything, all the defaults are exactly what you need, and you’ll never have to worry about stuff like this again. CCCP is the Combined Community Codec Pack. Worlds better than K-Lite or anything else out there.

a href="http://cccp-project.net/"http://cccp-project.net//a
a href="http://www.cccp-project.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page"http://www.cccp-project.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page/a

Cheers!

Great tip. We definitely need the “One Codec Pack To Bind Them All” for simplicity’s sake. I’ve been using k-lite, but I’ll try the CCCP.

I really like nero.It has been very good to me, but now i am having trouble with recoder. I can’t get any of the vision,recoder to work.so if some one could maybe help me get it set up I would appreciate it.

Randy

I have been using Nero Recode 2 for a while now and haven’t had any problems playing them back with both VLC 8.4 and WMP 10.And if you have a divx/dvd player just use this-MP4CAM2AVI.It will quickly convert to a divx compatable avi.Just remember that it has a 2 gig file limitation and conversion adds about 150 megs.I hope this helps.BTW,I would strongly suggest the upgrade to WMP 10.I upgraded through the latest Autopatcher and it plays the recode videos beautifully.

a href="http://www.yaodownload.com/video-design/video/winxmediadvdripper/"WinXMedia DVD Ripper/a can produce high quality MPEG1 (VCD), MPEG2 (SVCD), AVI(DivX, MPEG4, YUV…) video files.

http://www.yaodownload.com/video-design/video/winxmediadvdripper/

Nero Recode 2 sucks so bad. For one the rips i have done have had stuttering problems where as using AutoGK the rips have come out flawless and with better details. Sure it takes 3 - 4 hours to do the rip but at least it works and doesnt go skippy after a few minutes. The reason why nero goes so fast is because it doesnt so as much math when compressig the view and ignores certain aspects of the movie.

I had nero digital playing on MCE 2005 and WMP 10 but then all the sudden it only plays the audio and shows blank screen in MCE 2005, and errors w/ audio in WMP 10. Haven’t a clue what happened to change the situation.

I also use nero ultimate suite
xp pro
3.6GHz
2gb DDRAM

Noob Question - how does one use Nero Recode 2 to rip a copy-protected dvd?
What other program would I have to use first to un-protect the dvd?

Please - any help is apprecieted.

Hey Super Noob,

You have to rib the DVD using a different prog, then recode using Nero. DVD decrypter I think is easiest with the best results “out of the box” but you have to get it from someone cause the man bough it out and its not for free anymore. There are still places to get it if you look round.

Then just use recode to get it into whatever .ext you like

I’ve encoded a few things with Nero, but is there a way of keeping the quality and reducing the filesize? On things I download 80 mins is 700mb but through Nero it comes out at over a gig for 80 mins. Anyway to change this does anybody know?

Thanks!

I am trying to burn mpeg files using Nero Smartstart. The mpeg is fine, but when put into the Nero program, the preview appears smashed horizontally, so that the ratio is about 1:1. This is even with the ratio set to 4:3 or automatic or even 9:16. When burned, the final product, when playing, also has this squashed ratio. Nero can’t seem to help. Help!