DVD Ripping and Nero Recode

Have any of you tried using a little freeware program called MP4Cam2AVI ? Apparently it converts the Nero Digital AAC audio files to a format that stand-alones will play and also changes the video shell only. I tried it and it worked.

Regards,
Snozzle.

I have been using nero recode for about 1 yr now and have never had a problem until now. I have a DVD that I encoded to nero .mp4 and now I have lost the original and I am forced to burn a backup copy. Trying to use nero vision express to convert the movie back to DVD format has been a nightmare. Just trying to add the video file to the project gives me an error. It is a rather generic message of “unable to insert”. The file I am trying to add is a perfectly working file. I have tried other files as well and still no success. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

–Dascmo

I really like the Nero Digital/h.264 format, as previously mentioned it produces exceptional results, and keeps chapters intact, and such.

That said, the Nero Showtime player is quite good - after a little use, it became my player of choice. Of course there is no way to specify players in MCE, like there was in the now yahoo-swallowed Meedio and other alturnatives, but imho that’s a problem with MCE. Never the less, it would be nice if it were possible to play the Nero Digital files in MCE, and thus stream on to your 360… that really seems like the best option.

I just wish you could do all this within Media Center with just the click of one button :X

You can if you install cole’s codec pack in Windows MCE

Play Nero Recode for free with the mpegable decoder…

go to www.mpegable.com.

You just need the decoder to play the Nero recode in WMP

found it here
http://codec.alshow.co.kr/down/mpegableDSdecoder-Setup.exe

Its hard to find these days… this might be your last chance…

alright guys, so i read this whole thing, now i got a question of my own and maybe someone can lead me in the right direction. So i have an Ipod Video 30gb (RoCKBoX installed), and i use it as a media player, and portable drive, now when i boot up with Apples OS i can view my mp4 files when im away from my flat screen but the video isnt always the greatest, should i be encodeing my DVDs into the HD profile for better res? and the 2gig file size doesnt bother me, i really want quality, but ill sacrifice a little to store more movies. Or should i be using another profile setting? if so, which one?

I have nero recode and a dlink media server. I have some Xvid or older mpeg videos that won’t display on the media server but obviously work fine on my PC. When I try to use Recode to …uh…recode these vids to mpeg-4, I can add the file (such as “amovie.avi”) but then I can’t continue to do any conversion. It’s like it will only allow me to recode from a DVD? The file option doesn’t seem to work…what am I missing? Thanks!

Regarding the best settings for Nero Digital (the ASP codec), I spent days doing test encodes and comparisons with Xvid to find the best settings were:
Always use “Standard”, in Stereo, and under Nero Digital Settings on the Next Page, click the “Expert Mode” checkbox, and then when the tree diagram appears, check “Encoding Method” on the tree, then on the left “High quality (2-pass)”, then check “Quality/Speed” on the tree, then on the right “Extra quality”. This really boosts the detail.

I compared an encode under AutoGK using the Xvid codec, with the same material encoded as per above method and there was a marked improvement. e.g. the hairs on the subject’s woolly vest were clear under Nero Digital as per above, compared with little square mosaics of artefacts instead of hairs under Xvid. Being an AutoGK man and originally very skeptical of Nero Digital, it was a shock to see Ahead’s ASP codec deliver the goods. The details of how-to are available here: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/convert_dvd_movie_to_nero_digital.cfm
This method will also make playable files for Nero Digital compatible stand-alone DVD players.

And “step” (the previous posting), have you tried Nerovision Express in your Nero suite to solve your .avi recoding woes? I have found it will recode just about anything. Note that it also has some extra quality settings hidden away there.

Regards, Snozzle.

how do i get nero digital movies i have jus converted to play on dvd players, is it possible to play it on divx dvd players?