Farewell Stack Exchange

Nothing but best wishes to you and your family, Jeff! Your work on Stack Overflow has had a tremendous impact on me and those I work with.

Cheers!

I cannot thank you enough for all that you have done with your blog and StackOverflow. You have earned even more respect in my eyes for keeping a proper prioritization in your life.

Best of luck with the family and your new endeavors down the road. The Internet is a better place thanks to you.

I don’t even have kids, and I’m not an executive in my huge company, but I’ve really been questioning the long hours and all-out commitment that it seems to take to be considered successful in software (or anything else for that matter).

There are things I want to do now, while my body is still willing and able.

I completely respect and admire your decision, and I thank you for building such a useful platform for knowledge exchange.

Thanks, Jeff, for all that you’ve done. I look forward to the sequel.

What an admirable decision. Best coder family guy ever. :slight_smile:

Farewell from Stack Exchange, but I am sure we will see you around the internet. Enjoy your kids! They are only young once, and they grow up so fast.

Wishing you and your family all the best.

Thanks for paling Google’s search results better! :slight_smile: The SE sites have definitely changes the daily lives of thousands of people.

I, for one, am happy to hear it, Jeff. I’ve been along with you on this ride the whole time, and since being one of those people who voted on the poll for the name “StackOverflow”, I’ve missed your interesting, insightful, and relevant blog postings. Here’s hoping your new family life allows some time to throw in a post or two now and then!

Thank you for StackOverflow. I don’t know how i’d do without it. Best of luck!

Thank you Jeff, Wish you all the best!

I remember noting the (apparent) evolution between your almost-apologetic geeky announcement of your first child (http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2009/03/spawned-a-new-process.html), and your beautiful, emotional announcement of the twins (http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2011/10/on-parenthood.html). This announcement just confirms to me that you’ve got your head and heart screwed on the right way.

As I understand it, your aim here on the blog, and on Stack Overflow, was to help programmers improve. I’d say that the example you’re setting here continues in the same vein.

We’ll never miss you as much as your children would.

All the best

Good luck on your new adventure, if you find one. I’d like to thank you for creating SO, which is the only site on the internet that is fun AND helpful. Without it, I won’t ever even have understood what OOP is. Thanks for answering all my questions for the past 9 months, wish you all the best and thanks again. You’ve earned my respect.

Good luck, please visit my web too at http://reviewenergy.info. It contains all the fast and detailed news

Well, I suppose it must be the right decision for you. It’s a pity you could not just get the work / life balance right. Maybe you should talk to Scott Hanselman, he seems to have this worked out…

( http://www.hanselman.com/blog/HanselminutesPodcast153ScottsWifeMoInterviewsScottHanselman.aspx )

Does this mean that you will be picking up blogging again on a more regular basis ?

1000x thanks for making StackOverflow and helping me and a ton of others escape the dungeon of E-E! SO and SE only worked so well so fast because of your your direction and spirit.

orange rules!

Many thanks for doing what you did, Jeff!

Hopefully you can find some time to blog more? I missed the regular Coding Horror posts while you were off doing Stack Overflow.

Thanks is just a word, yet, apps, servers, desktops and smartphone, all mine, all been supported by stack exchange sites.

Getting the correct answer is one post away, and that is a revolution!

So I will use that word of thank you to express my gratefulness, and wish you the best of time with your kids (old and new altogether ;-)).

While I’m not a Dad, I feel extremely fortunate to have had a Dad who had the forsight to choose a rewarding career compatible with raising a family.

I wish you the best Jeff. And I hope to see your future thoughts on this blog, time permitting of course!

Congratulations on a job well done old friend. Doing what you love does not have to be exclusive of loving the people you love. I found that I work better during the day if I go home at night, and the memories of being with my kids are better than any professional accomplishment. There is nothing better than being there when your kids want to know how something works, or which way to go.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with next.