I Stopped Reading Your Blog Years Ago

That’s it!! I’m putting my Coding Horror sticker up on eBay!!!

People only read Jeff’s blog to see how much more of an idiot he can make himself look with each new entry.

It’s been a few years since Jeff posted something worth reading.

Nobody goes there anymore, it’s too crowded.

@Philip, same here. Its actually mildly entertaining to watch someone you don’t work with talk like Jeff Atwood. I suppose at the end of the day Jeff does not care why we come here to read his blog, as long as we do it and don’t point out why his is an idiot or wrong and give him praise and click the advertising links.

@Jeff, grow a back bone. Criticism is part of life, if you don’t at least make an attempt to understand it you are a complete fool even if some of it is unfounded or unjustified. The key is to figure out what is valid criticism that you should take on board and what is unjustified criticism from people that just don’t like you. Also I have read this blog post three times over and I still don’t understand why you bothered as it makes bugger all sense to me.

@Nick Harris: “What’s wrong with Paris Hilton?” Nothing!

lol. I, and I’m sure many others, had no idea who Susan Boyle was and now I do because of you. Good post.

Please ignore this comment.

Yeah, Susan Boyle, I am sick of her too. Why does Susan Boyle get so much attention? Is it because she’s ugly but talented? Did you hear Susan Boyle collapsed from exhaustion? Also, Susan Boyle did not win Britain’s Got Talent despite being the odds-on favorite! Susan Boyle must not be too happy about that. But I agree, we should all ignore Susan Boyle.

This Susan Boyle person sounds interesting. I’m going to have to check into who she is and what she does.

Don’t talk about her! The irony!

you just jealous you can sing

I tend to agree though not necessarily on the Susan Boyle point :slight_smile:

It seems to me she has been completely exploited by a television programme. She has learning difficulties and started out in life with a disability due to oxygen starvation. She now is in a mental institution. This doesn’t mean that we should pillary her or pity her. It means that the concept of “Just. Look. Away.” should be used on the programmes that promote this culture of the freak show.

“But I don’t talk about Susan Boyle, because talking about her gives Susan Boyle power and currency.”

Um… I’m not sure how to break this to you Jeff, but yes, yes you do. On your extremely popular read-by-thousands-of-people blog. Today, in fact.

“That’s how you change the world. Not by arguing with people. Certainly not by screaming at them. You do it by ignoring them.”

And my wife always tells me that ignoring problems doesn’t make them go away! I’m going to tell her that Jeff Atwood says she’s wrong!

ah, so, we comment on the important stuff of life. And here I go, ignoring the comments too

I find the idiotic, unhelpful comments the most annoying, but it’s the price of having a relatively popular blog (ie, more than just my friends and family read it)

So, I just sigh and remove the post.

Some people just have bad days when they visit your blog. Others just live life that way.

Must be depressing.

I ran across this article last week - it might give you some insight as to why the silent treatment works so well.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2009/03/30/090330fa_fact_gawande

I was wondering if there was some kind of script or something that you had running here that keeps the dissenters coming back for more. They complain but keep reading. I do not get it.

Can you code a heroin equivalent in C#?

This is the same concept as “controversial” television programming. If you do not like it, change the channel, and never watch again!

I for one follow that advice on this blog. I do not read it. I will not comment on it. Sure I know what is going on, but that is because I pay a small Guatemalan child a dollar to read it every morning and paraphrase it to me so I know specifically what I am ignoring. In fact, this comment is being dictated to that Guatemalan child right now rather than my leaving a comment (help, el gringo es loco!!)

I wish they would republish all the Great Brain books.