My Racing Simulation Rig

Killer.

try testdrive unlimited

Jeff,

Looks like you think you are Sebastien Loeb on that picture in his Citroen C4!
Any chance you have a “shopping simulation” I could setup for my wife so I can get your setup?

Happy New year,

Eric.

Of all the things I envy of you most: WAF

Oh my God!!!
Jeff, when do you actually get time for this?
Pretty cool stuff. What about commercial assembling? :wink:

I can just imagine how angry you’d be if you found out you’d lost a race because jupiter was out of alignment

I have one word for you, Jeff: “autocross”.

Visit this page:

http://www.sfrscca.com/content/view/4555/32/

Make sure to read the “Your First Event” pages.

Then go to an event. The next one near you is in Marina in late January. Bring your street vehicle – even if you drive a 1984 Chevy Chevette, you will be able to drive your car on an autocross course and enjoy yourself.

I’d come along and introduce you, except that I live in Boston now. :slight_smile:

talking about toy show-off, u did pretty well man :slight_smile:

“I’ve wasted my life!”

The only obvious thing you’re missing is the g forces. Well, i suppose you dont get the smell and heat but you’re probably happy about that.

Hmm one thing you missed out on is the “having enough space for the set up”. It seems you have dedicated a whole room to this… that’s really the most insane part of it I think :slight_smile:

Sweet. Now you just need another cockpit so you can race. :wink:

You don’t have any kids do you?

My husband reads your blog and showed me the pictures. He’s unwilling to tell you that I think this is very hot. :slight_smile: So I came over to do it myself.

Absolutely beautiful. My little arcade setup seems pathetic now. :wink:

Jeff, why not try Autocrossing?

If you want to try ACTUAL auto sports it costs almost nothing to get started. My autosports clubs has 9 events each summer (MN actually has seasons!) and they cost $30 to attend. VERY reasonable. I generally show up with my daily driver, it takes a quarter tank of gas, and a small fraction of my tires.

It literally costs me about $35-40 to go for auto sporting for a day! It’s a lot of fun! My club has a website at mnautox.com but I’m sure there are other clubs in your area.

Check it out, it’s a LOT of fun. My autocross club website is:
http://www.mnautox.com/

Awesome!

Would have loved to have something like this for the hours I spent on Gran Turismo :wink:

This is absolutely awesome. I have always been a huge racing-at-the-arcade-games but you have taken it to a new level… now if only I can get my wife to approve…

Excellent timing, just last week I was thinking of going out to buy a new racing wheel since my 7 year old daughter has fallen in love with Gran Turismo 4 and I’ve just picked up Dirt. Now I know which wheel, but now you’ve got me thinking about that chair and shifter…

One question, I wonder if this setup (or similar) is available on the PS3 or 360?