My Racing Simulation Rig

using the pedals would bring you into conflict with the steering arm

A fair observation; the older Playseat used a giant arm to mount the wheel that extended all the way down behind the pedals, and thus, didn’t block your legs.

But there’s a reason they changed this: stability. All current Playseat Evolution models layout block your feet a little-- but the steering column doesn’t feel rickety and precarious as it did in the older layout. You quickly adapt and it doesn’t get in the way during gameplay. I’ll a bit of minor cockpit inconvenience for a solid, substantial feel any day.

You should try XPand Rally

I doing the same thing for Guitar Hero III complete with stage, costumes, and mannequin audience.

1 Like

OMG!
Really cool to rally in that seat :slight_smile:

It all looked great… Until he added the computer.

Damn. Noah, Lawton, and I will be on the next plane to visit.

Do check out an auto-x. Tons of fun. And unless you get real serious, it is pretty cheap–helmet (which you can usually borrow at first) and entry fee (~$20-$30). But if you do get hooked, you can start trailering your tires or even car and you start talking real cash.

I hope you’ve tried Toca Race Driver. V8 supercars around Bathurst are just incredible!!

Hi Jeff,

What’s your time on Joux Plane ?

Chris the rights, you necessarily should try XPand Rally!

Hey Jeff, I was wondering if you could give me more info on the bass shakers… I’m wondering do they over heat… I’ve used Butt Kicker but had amplifier problems from wahatever reason… blowing amps.

Some of the retards here just don’t get the racing sim concept. Professionnal drivers such as Denny Hamlin use simulators to prepare for real tracks they have not been to yet. Some teams even encourage the drivers to “suit up” to grasp all the reality they can. Ever try to drive a car in your living room? If you want to race for real, try Karting, but don’t give up on SIMS.

if we can help with everyones effort to improve sim racing

www.vrx.ca

Regards Colin
250-727-1658

Interesting setup you have there! I’d be curious as to what you could come up with for a submarine simultion game…

all i heed to make my one like yurs is an projetor lightbullb and an sub

i use my ps3 for it

hi .love your setup really good ,i have made my own simulator using a old car seat,made a frame out of some left over steel i had lying around the shed and a playstation two ,running it threw my surround system ,i myself have raced in the past dirttrack speedway designed and built my own racecars from the ground up with my brothers we all raced over a 15year period, we had built several competive cars powered by motor cylce engines ,believe me when you are trying to run your own race team the way you want it to be run,it does cost alot of money it is not as cheap like some of you seem to think it is ,cost of travelling ,car rebuilds repairs ,driver insurance for the track ,plus other expensives ,my cost to race my own car would have been above $100,000 ,sponsors dont cover all the costs for the racing i took part in,so sit back and have a think of how much money those who say are racing,how much it costs you to race,what about when you crash ,the damage to your body ,i dont miss that .i still have my race car but costs to much to race to stay competive now ,i do miss it but ,other priorities in life now take over from the racing .
so have to find another way to still get the feeling of racing and building a simulator is a good way ,my plan is to build a much better one in the future,maybe even use the old race car or build a cheaper copy version ,but not sure weather to go the pc way or carry out some upgrades for the playstation ,anyhow its all cheap fun ,plus when i crash i dont get hurt anymore haha.
so to everybody have fun in what you do and jeff keep up the good work
arthur…australia

what is the simulator that nascar drivers are using these days ?

hey check out this site www.simcraft.com is this the ulitmate simulator or what .they say fi teams use it to train there rookie drivers cost about $60,000

a couple more sites to check out ,www.racebasecockpit.com and another australian company www.hyperstimulator.com,

how do you even make a racing sim and where can you buy the parts please tell me

simcraft also just released a motion simulator development kit that is $2,995 instead of their $25,000 professional driver training rig. It includes parts and plans to build sim chassis.

www.simcraft.com/star.html