On Parenthood

I’ve been told several times that you should never be crazy enough to let the children outnumber you.

You forget this has been the natural state for humanity for most of our existence. So what does that say?

A friend of mine who is a parent observed the football analogy:

One child, you have double coverage.
Two children, you switch to man-to-man
Three+ children, you have to use zone coverage.

It does help a bit when one of them gets old enough to be somewhat responsible and help, but that’s a ways away for you.
:wink:

Being parents is a wonderful experience but after reading your blog i have seen the other side of parenthood…thanks for sharing this informative blog… PlumbingWe take pride in providing prompt, courteous and quality plumbing, heating and mechanical services and repairs to our clients

Thanks for sharing this useful article

Being parents is the best feeling of your life…nice to read your experience…thanks for sharing this useful blog… Plumbing We take pride in providing prompt, courteous and quality plumbing, heating and mechanical services and repairs to our clients

1 Like

not to be nitpicky… but a 1% difference would have been 50.5% - 49.5%

but hey, who cares!

1 Like

I believe the pie chart is valid only for those who genuinely enjoy parenting lifestyle and watching kids’ milestones… Plenty of people out there whose percentages are severely skewed one way or the other. For me personally parenting life seems completely unattractive, but I’m in the minority I guess…

Only a “few” years late, but I only saw this tonight. Jeff, that was a most awesome, true-to-heart writing of your feelings. Super.
I do have to admit though, when I saw a few posts saying that as of Feb (2012) you wouldn’t be writing anything in this blog, I thought they were wrong. Isn’t it odd that your first post was your only post? :rofl:
Anyway, it’s now been several years and I’m sure the twins are now at the point of switching between playing nice together and fighting over a toy both want to play with. And big brother sitting there with a smirk on his face - learned from dad? :wink:
Just wanted to say I really enjoyed your post. My wife and I have two children who gave us 4 grandchildren… our son has 3 girls, now 7, 5 and 2. I think we spend more time up there than we do at home. It’s still great to be around the little ones, saddening when it’s time for us to leave. So that feeling one gets from those precious little ones never leaves… just gets better.
I also laughed out loud at some of the posts others made… had to read them to my wife. The only thing I missed was your graph. There’s only a broken link icon showing for me. Bummer.
WIshing you, the missus and all three of your children the best. Have fun together and enjoy each day. The years do indeed fly by much too fast.

1 Like