This Site May Harm Your Computer

Even my site “Free ebooks collection” was getting this message. After reading on internet I came to know that this message was there because of one advertiser network whose script I was using in my site. After removing that script from my site and requesting for review , the message got removed.

Let me tell you guys what happened to me yesterday.

I run a celebrity blog and went searching for info on a female singer. I followed a link via Google to her website and I got the above warning. I had seen that warning on previous sites and stayed away. However, when I saw it for this site, which I had just visited about 2 weeks earlier I ignore it and clicked the link.

The site was moving slowly and after about a minute or so my computer shut down and restarted. When I got back to desktop I had a error saying my comp was infected and there was a NEW anti virus software on my computer that shut down my McAfee virus software.

To save my life I cannot remember the name of this software but I did a search on how to remove it and nothing worked as it installs an icon in your tray that keeps re-installing it, even after you un-install it. As a last resort I had to do a system restore which solved the problem- hopefully.

So my advice is heed that WARNING when you see it- I should have.

The instructions on how to fix this are at Matt Cutts blog, which I linked in an earlier comment.

http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/closing-the-loop-on-malware/

Use the Google webmaster tools!

http://www.google.com/webmasters/

Some features of the Google webmaster tools:

• New: Request a malware review from Google and we’ll evaluate your site.
  • New: Check the status of your review.
  • If we feel the site is still harmful, we’ll provide an updated list of remaining dangerous URLs
  • If we’ve determined the site to be clean, you can expect removal of malware messages in the near future (usually within 24 hours).

Why would google want to state that my site is harmful for Hawaiian Blog? WHY? No script is installed except their adsense javascript thats it! …today i noticed google flaged my site with “this site may harm your computer” WTF???

if you go to http://www.hawaiib.com you will clearly see there is nothing harmful except few pictures from hawaii and posts…

but if you go to google.com type let say hawaiian blog you will get prompted and asked if you really want to access it?

I hate this i swear.

Great mate !! This article might be helpful as this is simple and short !! http://ankitrawat.com/blog/remove-google-search-warning-message/

Google has flagged every single web page on the entire Netscape/AOL MyWebPage free web site service with the This site may harm your computer warning - just do a Google search for anything at all and put mywebpage.netscape.com in the Search within a site or domain field. I use some free space there, I have absolutely nothing on my page that would harm anyone, so I assume that the harmful code, if indeed there is any, is in the top masthead inserted by Netscape/AOL when the page is served to the web site visitor. What p1sses me off is that Netscape is a Google partner (they use Google for their branded Netscape search) and they don’t seem to be the slightest bit interested in dealing with this problem. I’d love to contact Netscape and tell them to either remove the bad code, deal with Google, or I’m pulling my page off of there service (which I’m doing anyway). Unfortunately Netscape/AOL has no feedback form or email address anywhere that I could find. So Netscape is having the search on their web site returning results branding all Netscape MyWebPage sites as harmful to Netscape user’s computers and they’re happily letting this go on. Those that administer Netscape/AOL services have to be the biggest morons on the face of the earth.

Perfect security is a difficult thing to enforce or deliver. Individuals and organizations can deploy all the IT solutions available, but if humans don’t change their behavior while using the humble browser, the rate of hacking and suffering will continue apace.

I’m just waiting for the legions of bloggers to get stuck with ‘This site may harm your computer’ warnings. Most bloggers, like myself, don’t have the budget to shell out if the problem requires people to bring in IT consultants or buy new hardware.

If anyone has an idea of how to get google to stop flagging me erroneously as a spyware site; I am doing nothing more than Adsense ads (from GOOGLE) and I’m being flagged as an unsafe site. I have no way of contacting them about this problem as far as I can see. The stupid so-called webmaster tools is useless, and there is never a real body to talk to.

I can’t help but feel that I am being singled out because the big names like imageshack or photobucket have tossed some grenades (complained about my site) and because I don’t have an advertising budget with Google I’m being squashed. I’m just a @$@$ image hosting site using coppermine gallery. Why am I being labeled dangerous and the other image hosting sites are not? There is absolutely no information about why my site was flagged, and I cannot fight this if I can’t talk to someone at google.

Google must be having a bad day.

As of today, be it on www.google.com, www.google.com.tw or www.google.com.hk, every search results I get back has This Site May Harm Your Computer under it. Even the link to this page.

Yes, today Google searches mark Google itself as a harmful site. Ah well, at least I know it’s not just me.

Even GOOGLE pages (help pages specifically) are being tagged as this site may harm your computer. Pretty funny, but there is not one single hit on the google search page coming back as safe.

Irritating that it’s now everything is unsafe, can’t click through, and now I’ll be using another search engine, email homepage.

Good job Google! You’ve big brothered yourself right into no longer being user friendly.

I guess misery loves company, I’m so glad to see all of you are having the same problem as me. Well, not glad - but you know what I mean.

WE ARE BEING ATTACKED ON OUR COAST.

Unavailable, I’m seeing the same thing…all the sites are marked as potentially dangerous!
At least now I know I’m not the only one…

i’m getting that warning on every search result also. I’m glad I ran into this forum (actually the only one turning up on search that had this issue) because I thought google was targeting my IP or something… I think google finally went nuts with power and went trigger happy

with luv! lt;3

i’m sure it will be back :stuck_out_tongue:

Google’s definitely messed it up this time. This blog is marked by their This site may harm your computer tag. I’ve not noticed this tag before today and decided to do a search to find out more about it. Your blog was #3 on Google and tagged as a bad site. How liable is Google for committing liable?

LOL, this newspost is so old, but all the people searching this problem today have congregated here!

its fixed, panic over we can come out of the bunkers and rejoice in the streets

Well, it seems that Google decided for a short while just passed that every site in its index was not safe to view. All except Google books :slight_smile: