You may be a victim of software counterfeiting

Is there any legal action taken if this error is prompting at the local home pc where pirated window is installed?
and secondly
is there anything wrong if auto updates are off?

Hi,
Sandhya automatic updates must be turned on it updates your p.c if you turn them off theres more chances of getting virus’s be on the safe side turn them on!
Cheers

@sandhya …or, just could just use norton antivirus. I use it since 92… and there was no internet or windows back then…

as for the other ppl:

ANYONE who EVER had the pertinence to ask money for information should just go to sleep and never wake up!

AND everyone who has ever payed money for information should do the same!

The universe is full of energy and there is so little information… and because money is energy money would not exist if we dedicated ourselves more in outer space energy exploitation…

but dedication means aquiring lots of information and exchanging it freely… but this is not about to happen so one could say this is a doomed race!

What a load of carp. Ever killed an insect sinply because it was annoying you? Then you’ve done something more wrong than stealing from Microsoft. I’m switching to Red Hat.

Hey ppl, I guess I hate Microsoft now. I dont deny it’s role in software advancement. But now they’re goin dirty. What? We use their softwares ( let’s forget my own story that I’ve bought a laptop from the fukin vignet company and they’ve preinstalled a counterfeit copy of win ) and so these softwares are world’s common tools and so they earn more and more and finally call us victims? and maybe thieves?
but anyways I really like to switch to LINUX. It’s goin to be and must go to be a world of free, fast growin, reliable softwares, not this all-hidden stuff in which one can in no way know what the hell is goin on.
I got this damn prompt 4-5 days ago. I called my laptop supplier and they have their own excuses. I can win if i struggle (it’s clear from the way the cust service + tech officer speaks!), but i even dont want to. now that i have read all this comments here I made my mind to take a long term decision to get rid of this game. I guess the world is also tendin to get rid of it.
So please somebody suggest me a good version of linux. so i can have it and learn it and take my own step in the road of Microsoft-independent-future.

thanx everyone
PZ

Hi guys
here is a link to a nice little piece of software which will remove this thing in seconds.

http://www.firewallleaktester.com/removewga.htm

wat do u ppl say i should get besides microsoft…is linsux good or anything else…and about the message i got it on my computer if i install a haker protecter…than will the problem be fixed?

if my computer opens and restarts does that mean anything…that has to do with this whole thing?

thank you a lot Defender for posting the site! It helped me deal with this problem very very nice. Thanks a lot! I was afraid I had to install windows again on my pc. You spared me from a lot of work!!

Thank’s a lot to Defender. For posting the site. It solved the problem very nice and fast. In one click and gone. Well Done

I wanted to build a pc (my first) and bought an oem version of xp home. After completing the task and installing the many updates the “not genuine” window pops up immediately after the required restart. Then the balloon floats. Microsoft tells me its a pirate copy and i should pay them more money and everything will be ok. It is NOT a pirate copy! and after waiting on hold for hours and listening to someone at MS read generic script material over a peoiod of a couple weeks, finally i told them i will not hang up until they can correct the problem. at this point, i am transfered to a supervisor who gives me a different key. I still see the balloon occassionally. just like others, i have learned to live with it. Being a bit more experienced and wiser, I am sorry I wasted money on Microsoft. For my next project, i used SUSE LINUX!

I’ve just built a new PC for the family from components and purchased a legitimate copy of MCE 2005 along with them. Have I installed it? No, I’ve tested the system by installing Kubuntu Dapper Drake. Everything works, including the digital TV card. The only reason I bought the copy of MCE was for compatibility with my kids games. The more I read about WGA, the less inclined I am to install MCE, and the more I’m inclined to study up on VMWare. I tried WINE, but many of these kids’ games require specific versions of Quicktime and DirectX, and my initial impressions of WINE are that it’s not too easy to get these to install.

I think Microsoft are in serious trouble now. Linux has evolved to the point where it really is usable, and guilt-free. Treating every user like a potential abuser is an object lesson in how to alienate your customers. Will I buy a system with Vista? Never. I’d rather build another system for Linux, or buy a Mac now.

I got this aggrivating message after windoze crashed and it only reverted one part of the registry to old to restore. Xp crashing and Doc Watsons malpractice caused mine to suddenly appear non genuine. Running the regular system restore fixed it for now and I was able to search and install updates. I was forced to SP2 becase of a HW driver problem and Microsloths threats of discontinuing SP1 support later this year. My problem solved for the time being, my copy is legit and only activly being used on one compuker, the other compuker running it died. They reactivated this exact install 4 months ago when it locked up after upgrading the processor.

I have a genuine winxp pro bought from MS that also has these little additions. I work with licenced copies within my company who have over 500+ users with a bulk licence. My companies response is to migrate to new OS because it is fed up with the MS hassle. We have found the alternative is download the updates seperately and send out via our management platform updating each machine at the same time we update the virus DB. Any one can find the updates it is not just MS which distributes them. The only way is to have a base OS and then pay for advanced adons. It is well known that over 60% of Americans have illegal OS and other software in UK and Europe it is about 45% the restof the world accounts for between 60 - 80% illegal copies. So who are the fools. The WinXP we use has every patch update released and does not have a KEY. Turn of your MS update learn about PC’s use reasonably priced 3rd party software… Use a 3rd party patcher and ignore WGA That is what every else is doing including my employer HM Goverment UK

my computer has this problem and i can’t resolve it my mail is:mahdiehsojody@yahoo.com

i got rid of the stupid bubble!

its a matter of simply closing explorer.exe down in task manager, opening up cmd and deleting the file from wherever it came from.

good fun stuff.

Okay, so…That stupid thing popped up about me not having a genuine copy of Microsoft, then I clicked the stupidass bubble thing and now all my computer does when I try to log on is bring up my background. Someone help, please.

my aim is itswh1tyo
i’d really appreciate it.

Why did i had auto update on?

what is this

I don’t know that much about computers but I called my computer guru and he said that if you clear all the data and reinstall it (with the disk you received upon purchase) thn it should work fine. But my problem is that I have about 2000 songs and the system won’t allow me to open itunes or move them into a external hard drive directly from “My Computer” so I need help with moving the songs any ideas?