Five Things You Didn't Know About Me (and my office)

My office now feels so inadequate.

I may have to track down some of your neat office artifacts to improve my workspace. If only I wasn’t stuck in a tope cubicle.

Your desk looks a lot like the kind of thing I’m looking for. Do you remember where you got it, or was it a standard company issue? I really like the idea of a rounded U shaped corner desk with an open L all the way to the end and no back. The long space against the wall behind is just an added bonus, but very cool too. Truely great design!

Memo to me: steal your desk and all it holds. Especially the Pong Clock.

This is awesome, Jeff. Wow – it’s the best “five things” post I’ve seen! And you still managed to make it useful and interesting and inspirational for us–your readers : )

And OMG I must have a Pong Clock.

Cheers and thanks for making this post.

Where you find stuff like the tangle or the putty? They are pretty much office-must-haves. I am always on the watch for office gadgets that don’t need a lot of electric power.

That’s cool, nice desktop…but I really don’t care. Return make me one of your good article on horible codes.

Interesting post. I like the art in your office but i miss windows and plants. Don’t you? :slight_smile:

I have windows and plants but no art and my desk looks like a mess… I better fix this…

You have the most awesome office… ever.

I’m glad to hear others chiming in about their difficulties with math. I absolutely HATE math (probably because I suck at it) but love programming. I have always felt very insecure about this but now I see that maybe it isn’t such a big deal.

Blogs, for better or worse, are as much about the writer as they are any other topic.
Personality is the essential ingredient that makes blogs so interesting, so compelling, so… human.
To avoid writing about yourself is just as much of a mistake as writing about yourself in every post.

Isaac Asimov started off his FSF science essays with a personal anecdote. I would not have enjoyed reading them (in their collection book form) so much if it weren’t for those stories. Ditto w/blogs.

There was something that bothered me so much before reading this blog…
Programmers(or even ppl willing to have sex with computers if it were physically possible)not good with math…
All i can say is…
Thanx buddy…
:slight_smile:

And oops again…
forgot…Great Post!!

Like Jordan, I am also intrigued by your lamp. What is the make  model?
Wow, Jordan. You've actually found the lamp or something very similar. Very impressive!

Hey Bartal -

I think this might be the lamp:

http://www.desklamps.com/desk-lamps/contemporary/products.cfm?action=viewkey=LSI108

Maybe Jeff can chime in here and verify.

Jordan

This may be the best blog entry I’ve ever read. It’s clear you put a lot of work into it, and that means entertainment for dorks like me who read a bunch of blogs before going in late to work. By the way, I had a squishy brain toy and it broke and spattered fake blood all over my friend’s CD lining. Had to replace the CD. Damnit. I kept the actual brain (minus covering and blood) for a while, but then I accidentally left it in the outgoing mail bin after a game of Horse with my co-workers. Anyway, your office is really cool. Thanks for sharing it with us.

I noticed the lack of paper. you don’t print much do you?
i guess the paperless office isn’t a fad after all…

What an absolutely cool setup. Of course I went to look for that wrapping paper but it seems to be no longer available (it’s great that it’s the DNA for colorblindness and the UPC for the paper).

My office is generally adrift with Amazon boxes. I loves me that Amazon Prime…

I’m also a developer who is terrible at math, who knew there were so many of us out there (I’ve been reading the comments) - sounds like a good niche group :wink:

A little later than everyone else, but I too suck at math.

Another developer here that’s always been terrible at math. On any standardized tests I’ve always pulled in near perfect scores in everything but math (which was strictly average–). Most of my colleagues consider it strange. Though the lot of those apes couldn’t put together a coherent sentence without help. Heh.