Spawning a New Process

I don't usually talk about my personal life here, but I have to make an exception in this case.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original blog entry at: http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2008/09/spawning-a-new-process.html

Ian, that’s even better. Somehow this has to be incorporated into a nerd pickup line - wanna go back to my place and fork.

Congratulations, Jeff!

Best example of 1+1=3 :slight_smile: .
All the best to your wife.

Congrats :slight_smile:
Make sure he’ll have good environment, don’t let him talk to the PHP, ruby, and python kids :stuck_out_tongue:
Send him to a .NET School :stuck_out_tongue:

Congratulations, Jeff! I think your title was just geeky enough, but not too much. :slight_smile:

Felicitaciones!

Stallman is a self-worshipper.

Every conception is a miracle. If you can write a program that can impregnate someone with a child, and that child is apart of the code that you wrote, I would be impressed…

Congratulations!

When I try to tell my friends with no kids what it’s like I tell them that it’s like going from black-and-white to color, although perhaps of a slightly boring movie. Lots of mundane headed your way, but there is a richness to it that can’t be described.

OMFGWTFBBQ!!! Nice work, Jeff!

Congratulations on the new edition to the home. Life will change, for the better.

Sleep. Now. Please. Lots.

Your first few months with the baby may be easy, in which case you’ll be happy you’re well-rested and able to process it all effectively and enjoy it; they may be difficult, in which case the sleep you bank now will work to cushion you against the crushing effects of sleep deprivation.

Congratulations on your baby. =)

Congratulations!!

Congratulations…

Hearty congrats Jeff.

Gotta add my congratulations!

Congratulations!

You’ve taken the first step toward becoming a father!

Remember, Scott H has been extolling the virtues of his two upon us and how technology has played in his experiences with them. You need to do the same to give a differing view of these experiences.

Good luck, and I hope all goes well up to and after the delivery of you first! It will be the most enjoyable experience you will ever have!

Just think… you’ll have your very own Mini Me!

Ah, I think I beat you on the geekiness: I used 1UP for my second child’s faire-part. Congratulations!

Congratulations Elizabeth and Jeff.

All the best on the journey of unconditional love; the best and least measurable return on investment of any project; and discovering you can do more with fewer hours of sleep than you ever imagined possible.

Congrats!

But shouldn’t the title have been Spawning a Child Process?

Congratulations!

Fantastic news. Good luck with process control!

Great news !!!

Congratulations Jeff.

Now we have 2 coding horrors…

Congratulations Jeff!

While I am not a father myself, I still know what a blessing those little souls are, as there has recently been a little baby boom in my family, too (I have a young sister and a niece now). It is really amazing how your viewpoint changes and your priorities shift once you are exposed to children. I can only guess how much more that must be true, if those children are your own.

Oh and I think what most parents like to hear: Your child looks just like you :wink: