We Are Morons: a quick look at the Win2k source

Thanks to my friend Geoff Dalgas for pointing out this interesting article at kuro5hin.org, which analyzes the comments inside the recently leaked Microsoft Windows NT/2k code. Very amusing, with some surprising insights into the mindset of the coders working at Microsoft:

This is a companion discussion topic for the original blog entry at: http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2004/02/we-are-morons-a-quick-look-at-the-win2k-source.html

No problem! Enjoy! But if you’re going to take the time to point out my linkrot, why not point out a new, VALID link I can replace it with while you’re at it. :slight_smile:

Okay, call me insane and bored, but I’m reading your blog from the beginning :wink:

Just wanted to mention that the above link to mercurynews doe not work anoy more.

It this fucks up your list of last (relevant up-to-date) comments, just delete me.

I’m assuming this was the original story

http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2004/2/15/71552/7795

Heh. Seems like I’m not the only one browsing through early posts (especially after the most recent post ‘How To Achieve Ultimate Blog Success In One Easy Step’).

Heh, yeah, it’s funny, we’re like a secret little group milling about in the darker corners of a museum checking out the relics while the masses enjoy the snazzy new exhibition(s) up front. Quiet back here isn’t it. :slight_smile:

Not as quite as one might think.

Wow. I thought I was the only one reading these old blog posts. Nice. :slight_smile:

Old news is no news. Just when I thought I’d caught up to mercurynews, I got booted out.

Add me to this “L33T” group of people reading the OLD posts.

I’m here too… that’s an interesting article, by the way. :smiley:

Haha, hello all. You know for extra 1337N355, you can manually change the URL to get to the magical 000001.html!

This is what you get for appearing in a google tab…

did i win for most recent post? Been reading on the RSS for a couple of months now. Figured i would read the old stuff over the holidays and see how the blog has morphed.

HA!!!

i found something to do with the six hour or more dead time in our timezones!!! reading old posts. jeff, i really really enjoy your blog. your links and tips have enrichened my experience.

I would have to add my kudos as well. Most of these posts are useful. And the ones that aren’t are at least entertaining.

count me too !

@Phil,

I’m a fan of 000002.html. qwE^6@235 is my new “strong” password, shhh.

Apparently I’m not the only person on earth nerdy enough to read 4 year old blog posts :

Maybe we could form a Facebook group - the Coding Horror Historical Society. :slight_smile: