Choosing Your Own Adventure

Jeff, good luck to you on your new path.
Greetings from Brazil.

Congrats, Jeff. I’ve been contemplating a similar move, but holding off for “the right time.” I applaud your confidence in taking the leap!

Work is simply Love in action, follow yer heart.
Best wishes and Good Luck!
K

Good luck! I hope your new door will impress you :wink:

It takes great courage to walk out of your confort zone and risk it all,i guess that’s the essence of “choose your adventure” books.I know you certainly do not lack the courage ,good luck to you .:slight_smile:

keep authoring great dialogue. love coming in each morning and reading something interesting on this blog. i look forward to it each day and am still surprised at how often the content is very useful, funny, informative and much more. good luck in your new adventures!

gl hf

cheong - Have a look at the Fighting Fantasy series of books, they’re like CYOA but have stats and battles :wink: http://www.fightingfantasygamebooks.com/ As a child they always seemed superior to me. Damn was I a geek about them though… I had guidebooks galore as well as a couple of shelves full of the stories themselves!

Frost and Kipling? Bah. I grew up on “the wrong side of the tracks”, and could never get into poetry from those eliteist white men. I thought I just didn’t appreciate poetry, until recently.

Here, try something from Langston Hughes for someone deciding whether to follow a dream:

What happens to a dream deferred?
Does it dry up
like a raisin in the sun?
Or fester like a sore
And then run?
Does it stink like rotten meat?
Or crust and sugar over
like a syrupy sweet?
Maybe it just sags
like a heavy load.
Or does it explode?

My favorite CYOA (or what do i do now) books were the Zork books. This was early 80s, so roughly the same time period. This was right before I got my intro to computers via the Vic-20!

Best of luck Jeff!

Jeff, as a long time reader of your blog, I think you would do really well in your adventure. I wish you all the very best.

Congratulations and good luck Jeff!

Good luck to you, Dude! =)

Good luck!

Best. Resignation Letter. Ever.

Dude, you’re giving up a FRIDGE WITH AN ICE MAKER!!!

What’s wrong with you?

Good Luck! :slight_smile:

Best of luck, Jeff! With all this ‘bloggers stop blogging’ posts lately, I feared this would go the other way. But I’m glad I was wrong, and I’m also glad you will continue to code - as you said, I think it’s an important aspect of your blog.

Once again, good luck! I promise, I’ll start clicking on some of those ads here! :wink:

Good Luck Man! Hope it turns out ok and u get lots of money…

and happiness :smiley:

Good luck Jeff, your a Brave man!