Help Name Our Website

Wow! THAT QUICK, DEVVR.COM IS TAKEN! Guess it was a good one, lol. oh! :slight_smile:

I have to share my favorite dot com era name
proposed for an educational portal website…
EduOrgNet.Com
much better than the one we eventually went with I think.
but I’ll leave that to those in-the-know.

bsod.com, irq-not-equal.com

how about fellowshipofthedevs.com?

bit of a laugh, bit catchy.

eh

hexoffenders.com :stuck_out_tongue:
artofprogramming.com
programmersguild.com, codeguild.com, (.+)guild.com
bitfiddler.com
codevault.com
codecrafters.com
bytefoundry.com

Maybe write a little program to mix some words and see if anything cool pops up?

CodingHorrorForum.com
CodingHorror.com/Forum.

what i will prefer is something starts with programer or programming

Sorry, but explodingcoder.com is already taken. No, not your’s!

I suggest makeall.com, as in the make utility.

Well, to be honest, none of those are good names except maybe “privatvoid.com” I think you are asking the wrong people… “branding” (that’s what this is) is not typically a skill most software developers possess. Do you know any creative directors/brand experts? If so, I would recommend you get their advice! You have a great blog btw, hope the new site is every bit as good!

developersheaven.net

anything4developer
anythingfordeveloper

programmerforprogrammer
programmer4programmer

developer4developer
developerfordeveloper

devhorror
functioners
objectfunct
fjiord
teflite
hexla

Doubting these or any variations will be used - but a little perspective. Brand names are NAMES. Leave the front page for describing your product.

ok I’m back, I just had to go take a personal void…

huge pointer dot com

tarbit
codingtarpit
devtarpit

I really like the word “fellow” in a site like this. Gives the feeling of a group, is simple, and easy to remember. Placing it next to hackers makes it lose it’s professional feeling in my opinion, you could try going with fellow and using words like “FellowDevs” and such. Good luck with your site!

I prefer humbledeveloper.com because most developers are ‘average’ and humility is essential among the programmer community in order to help these average developers to reach their full potential.

Jeff,
I know domains are hard to come by. That is why I created OpenDomain - we GIVE away domains. Some of the top domains that we have let people use for FREE: Drupal.Com, OpenAjax.Org, Xmpp.Org, Xaml.Net, GreyListing.Org, json.Com

Anyone want to use a great domain for FREE?
Contact us at OpenDomain.Org - I would love to help you out!

Please call the new site developercommunitywebsite.com.

Simple, neutral, says what it does.

Alternatively – developerhorror.com – un hommage to codinghorror.com.

:slight_smile: tom

hackmybits

Thanks, I bought all these domains. For a mere 500k will hand over the name that wins the poll :slight_smile: