On Parenthood

haha, amazing, gratulations! :slight_smile:

reminds me of my friends sister, she had two boys and desperately wanted a girl. So she get twin boys… their home is never silent :slight_smile:

I have two boys, the hardest thing I ever done, but nothing really compares to it. Only bad thing is that the time fly… so enjoy it!

The thing with kids, you say “I know everthing there is to know about kids” … and then BAAAM … “I don’t know a sh!t about kids”

At any rate, thank you for always being so open, geeky AND human, thats why we always keep coming back here.

Congratulations on the twins and thanks for the post I enjoyed it very much.

Well said… and congrats.

Congrats! Hope you too find that having kids isn’t quite as bad as O(n!). Gives new meaning to the term “expansion by minors” :slight_smile:

Congratulations. Guess someone didn’t remember to make their wives eggs properly thread safe before using them in a, uh, ‘production environment’ :stuck_out_tongue:

Long time listener, first time caller…

Just wanted to say, “Congratulations.” You’re going to be a busy family. Enjoy.

Congratulations!!!

My friend just had twins. The trick is getting them synchronized :slight_smile:

Wow, congratulations, the best of all to your family and the new members of, too.

Jeff

My wife and I had our first child with fertility help. When he was 2, we had twin boys also with help.

My friend, clearly you understand what it takes to be a father. You have managed to express it here with astonishing clarity.

I want you to know that when your twins show up, they will be adorable and they will immediately push you far beyond the bounds of your own sanity. When that day comes, I want you to email me and I will do what I can to help and give you some tips I learned from raising my own twins (they are 5 now).

Congratulations to you and welcome to the world twins. You just leveled up. Big time.

My email address is burkeholland at gmail dot com.

Totally sums up how I feel about being a father. It’s especially interesting watching from an engineer’s standpoint as my son learns how to do new things.

Also, congrats and good luck with the twins. :slight_smile:

Totally did NOT see that ending coming! Your plan for world domination is that extra step closer. Congratulations!

Congratulations Jeff & family!

We have a son & twin daughters too. Think it’s intense now? Wait until the girls are 14 or 15.

Congrats!

And thank you for a really lovely article.

Best wishes for your petit mousse :slight_smile:

Nice post. But you know, the love you’re impatient to give, not all of us received it. This may explain why some do not want a kid ?

Not sure, but all the best.

Congratulations Jeff! My experience is a little like yours, except that kid no. 2 turned out to be not twins but triplets. I almost feel sorry for my then-employer, for about 3 years I was more or less completely useless due to general worry and lack of sleep or relaxation. But that was five years ago and next year they will all be at school, achievement! The next big milestone is when they turn 7 or reach a certain weight, then I can get rid of the big stupid van with booster seat mounts in every position and think about driving something else.

Sean Kearney - “You didn’t specify if they were monozygotic or dizygotic. Care to share? We had both.”

Same here, but ours are boys. You’re going to need more bathrooms I think. You can look forward to coming home from work and getting hugged by four adoring little whirlwinds, it’s great.

Hello Jeff, congratulations for your new babies to come.
I wish you and your wife all the best for this wonderful gift you are receiving from life.
May God bless your entire family and may all your wishes come to life.

• Patrick Goudjo-Ako

Twins, eh? Level up!

I’ll always remember a comment made to me by a sage and battle-worn parent:

“You spend the first few years trying to get them to walk and to talk. Then you spend the rest of the time trying to get them to sit down and shut up”.

As a father of twins myself, you have my congratulations and best wishes.

Congrats for the girls!

Being a father of two, I absolutely agree with your very nice writting.

It’s amazing how the same things you mention happened to me, living in the other side of the globe (Argentina). All of the reactions you describe, both yours and your kids, are the same things I enjoy with my kids.

It’s sad how we close our minds as we grow, and how we loose that ability to enjoy the most simple things.

Jeff, mazel tov!

The lady babies will be another great adventure. I can attest, three is the magic number. I always say it’s vital to outnumber yourself. It’s what dispels the last illusion of control you may have had, and helps you experience flow in your parenting.

Good luck and have fun!